Six Feet Under 8/7 | Golden Skate

Six Feet Under 8/7

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Anyone see last night's episode? I didn't get to watch......so is Nate really dead? I am going to miss this show :cry: ..such great acting!

Thanks!

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
OMG - you have to see the repeat Friday night. Yes, Nate is really dead this time, although I did keep my eye on his grave at the end of the show...just in case.
I've been watching this series since the beginning. The last couple of seasons didn't impress me as much as the first two did, but the writing has definitely improved this time around. The funeral had me in tears - not just a little misty, but bawling as though I'd lost a good friend. Odd, because I've grown to rather dislike Nate's character in the last couple of seasons.
Only two more episodes left. I don't know if I can stand it, except that once they're done, I can finally cancel HBO and save quite a bit on the cable bill. :)
Rave

Hey Piel,
Still on vacation but was doing a little lurking to see if there were any 6FU fans on GS, now that it's ending. I'm so totally not surprised you're one of them, as Claire would say. You either Ravyn. BTW, great idea about dumping HBO now. I like "The Comeback" and the occasional movie, but not for that much money a month.

For all things 6FU, including forums (see if you can guess who's me), go to:
http://www.hbo.com/sixfeetunder/?ntrack_para1=leftnav_category0_show2

See you after Campbell's, unless any one of the 70-some ways 6FU has shown us we can die gets one of us. :)

Rgirl

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Rgirl said:
See you after Campbell's, unless any one of the 70-some ways 6FU has shown us we can die gets one of us. :)
Rgirl

I think my favorite was the one where the blow-up doll blew off of the truck and that week's corpse thought that the Rapture had come.
Rgirl, I've been lurking on the 6FU boards for a while, but I guess I'm going to have to go back and see if I can figure out which posts are yours. In my copious free time, of course... :laugh:
I'm really going to miss this show.
Rave

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
The rapture was hysterical ....:rofl: STILL from that! I have lurked a lot over at the SFU site the last week. I have not yet seen the last two episodes because the #@!%&&%! Direct TV installation company is just now as I type this hooking up my Direct TV. Piel actually believed they would be here "between 1 and 5 on 8/6" and d/c'd my service with Charter on 8/6. I am "dying" :biggrin: to hear Brenda throw the quiche/Quaker line to the mealy mouthed ferret. What happened between David and Rico? Is our Rgirl also a Bklyngrrrl? :p DETAILS, please! IS HBO worth keeping afer the demise of SFU? No SITC or SFU :cry: :cry: :cry: .......let the official period of mourning begin.

Any guesses as to what AB has in store for Sunday's finale?

I heard that the finale shows how all the main characters, or maybe just the Fishers, eventually die. Rumor has it that Claire lives to 102--still toking weed I hope. :biggrin:

Sorry, I'm not "Brooklyngrrrrrrl." I've only posted 5 or 6 times recently and they're all only a few sentences or less. By the time I get to the forum, somebody else has said what I would have said. For once, a forum where I'm in the majority. :laugh:

ITA with "The Rapture" death being one the best, especially having lived in Salt Lake City where houses have doors on the secoond floors leading into thin air so you have easy access for the Rapture. I liked the woman getting killed by airline "blue ice" and the recent "Ecotone" mountain lion one. What all three have in common, besides the comic element, is how cartoonishly fast the person is taken out. They tickle the Wiley E. Coyote lover in me.

BUMMER Piel! about Direct TV messing up your 6FU final episodes. If you can't get a tape from anyone nearby, I'd be happy to send you mine.

BTW, the DVDs from seasons 1-3 are available and besides seeing how the seeds of things to come were planted, the first and last DVDs of each season have commentaries either by Alan Ball, one of the writers, or a director. Interesting to hear, especially AB's.

Rgirl