Canadian Idol | Golden Skate

Canadian Idol

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
Hey All!

Is anyone else still following Canadian Idol?

I miss intelligent chat about it (waaaay too many teeny boppers @ the CTV site!)

I thought tonight's Big Band night was fabulous. Normally this is one genre where you see many of the idols tank, but not so for the Canadians tonight. I was totally impressed with 5 of 7, which was a pleasant surprise because I figured for sure Suzi would have great difficulty with this theme, but she really pulled it off.

Overall, I have been very impressed with the quality of performances this year by the contestants. I would go out on a limb and say that this is perhaps the best season of idol, canadian or american in terms of consistency.

The only question I have is why oh why are Casey and Daryl still there - they are so far out of their league i't's not even funny.

Canuck

mike79

On the Ice
This season just isn't cutting it. It had so much potential, but it turns out that it doesn't come anywhere close to last year. Yes, there are some good singers (Melissa, Suzi) but the rest make me want to puke, especially Daryl. I can't believe that he wore sneakers on Big Band night.

Two weeks ago, when Ashley was booted, reminded me that this is the same country that allowed Gary Beals to place above Audrey, Billy, Toya, and Karen-Lee. Regional voting and little fan-girls are ruining this show.

As for last night here's my rankings:

1. Melissa: Why she was in the bottom 3 for two weeks is beyond me. At first I wasn't sure about her, but I'm completely sold after the last few weeks.

2. Suzi: I love Suzi, but I think that she's losing some of her 'chosen one' status from Melissa. A very good job of Minnie the Moocher.

3. Josh: He's so weird and pretentious. He's got talent, but I think he's on the wrong show.

4. Aaron: I like that this guy really seems to enjoy performing. His singing is alright but he wouldn't have made the top 10 last year.

5. Rex: I'm losing my patience with him. He really isn't a very good singer (although little girls will tell you that he's the best because they think he's hot), but he's at least able to convey some emotion from the songs he sings.

6. Casey: Every time she performs she looks like a deer in headlights. Add to that her boring singing style, it makes me wonder why she's still there. Oh yeah, she's from New Brunswick, so even if she's the worst singer in the world her community (i.e. all of the Maritimes) will vote for her.

7. Daryl: He is so horrible it's beyond words. I want him gone this week.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
sk8tngcanuck said:
Hey All!

Is anyone else still following Canadian Idol?

I miss intelligent chat about it (waaaay too many teeny boppers @ the CTV site!)

I thought tonight's Big Band night was fabulous. Normally this is one genre where you see many of the idols tank, but not so for the Canadians tonight. I was totally impressed with 5 of 7, which was a pleasant surprise because I figured for sure Suzi would have great difficulty with this theme, but she really pulled it off.

Overall, I have been very impressed with the quality of performances this year by the contestants. I would go out on a limb and say that this is perhaps the best season of idol, canadian or american in terms of consistency.

The only question I have is why oh why are Casey and Daryl still there - they are so far out of their league i't's not even funny.

Canuck

I am watching. Was really shocked that Josh went home and Casey is still hanging in there. She must have a lot of family and friends voting for her. Josh bugged me at first, but I do see his talent. I think he is a better musician than singer.

It will be interesting to see who wins. If it is Casey then I give up on Canadian Idol!

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I was ultra annoyed with Josh's guitar playing trick the other night. I'm glad to see him gone. . . he kind of freaks me out!

mike79

On the Ice
I'm glad Daryl left last week, and I'm ok with Josh leaving this week, although I would have preferred it to be Casey or Rex.

Melissa and Suzi are the only two worth watching. They were great this week.

Apparently the rumor is that next week is The Guess Who week. I hope they can do justice to the music. When they did Gordon Lightfoot week last year it was spectacular, especially the group performance of Canadian Railroad Trilogy on the results show. It was, by far, the best group performance of any Idol show ever.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
mike79 said:
I'm glad Daryl left last week, and I'm ok with Josh leaving this week, although I would have preferred it to be Casey or Rex.

Melissa and Suzi are the only two worth watching. They were great this week.

Apparently the rumor is that next week is The Guess Who week. I hope they can do justice to the music. When they did Gordon Lightfoot week last year it was spectacular, especially the group performance of Canadian Railroad Trilogy on the results show. It was, by far, the best group performance of any Idol show ever.

Right on!!! I agree. Gordon Lightfoot's presence brought the show up 100%. As far doing the Guess Who justice, I can't even imagine Casey belting out a Guess Who classic. Oh drone......

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

~Rainbow~

Match Penalty
Sadly I don't live in Canada, so there is no way I can vote. Any Canadian members, could you please help Melissa & Suzi to the Final 2. I loved Kalan Porter from last year, but I think it's a girls turn this time around. By the way, I forgot who even won the first year. It kind of says something about his career. :biggrin:

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Ryan malcom won the first year and i voted for him a lot. after that disappointment, i've stopped voting.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
I met my Canadian Idol, idol from last season - Shane Weibe!!! He was promoting his latest CD at a London Drugs store in Abbotsford. I purchased a copy and got an autograph. Awesome!!

:biggrin: :cool: