The Frank Carroll Stable | Golden Skate

The Frank Carroll Stable

He's brought many figure skaters to the international podiums and without Govenrment assistance! Why Tim left is a mystery to me.

At present he has (in his stable):

Evan Lysacek (The best steed in the stable). Still a teenager and becoming quite conistent. Evan will be looked at quite closely by the judges during the season and moreso after the Olys.

Jenny Kirk A beautiful filly but very inconsistent in perfomance. I believe she can be something special if Frank can get the demons out.

Bebe Liang Well.... I am biased here but I do believe Frank or Ken will give her his best, and Bebe will be the biggest threat in the coming Nationals.

I really don't know if there are other top skaters in Frank's stable (junior or novices). Is Congemi there to take up the reins after the Olys?

What do you think Frank brings to his skaters? and what do you think of the Carollinian Method?

Joe

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
You have forgotten Danielle Kahle, who is a very strong skater in the "next generation".

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Joesitz said:
He's brought many figure skaters to the international podiums and without Govenrment assistance! Why Tim left is a mystery to me ...

What do you think Frank brings to his skaters? and what do you think of the Carollinian Method?

Joe

IIRC, Frank fired Tim. (if you are wondering why Michelle left, that is a different matter -- and I don't think we will ever learn the reason why.)

Antilles

Medalist
I thought Frank fired Tim, too. I think Michelle is too classy to discuss her parting with Caroll.

heyang

Record Breaker
Frank alluded to a difference in work ethics between himself and Tim. I doubt it was as extreme as Bowman, but perhaps Frank developed a lower tolerance after Chris.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I think that Frank brings to his skaters a strict work ethic and a very strong sense of class -- off ice as well as on ice. I think he also helps his skaters stay balanced; he is reputed, for example, to encourage his skaters to pursue their education, giving them a training schedule that will allow them do so so. I heard also, though, that he keeps his relationship with his students strictly coach-student (as opposed to becoming a surrogate parent), which I think helps everything stay in balance.

Thanks Ptichka - I didn't even know Daniele was part of his team. I know the name , but I do not remember her from last year's Nationals. Apparently, I was not impressed.

Is she good? and is she considered a possible 3rd place?

Joe

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Thanks Ptichka - I didn't even know Daniele was part of his team. I know the name , but I do not remember her from last year's Nationals. Apparently, I was not impressed.

Is she good? and is she considered a possible 3rd place?
Actually, I went back to check. Danielle made splash a couple of years ago by meadling at National Juniors. Since then she has indeed done nothing noteworthy.

S

SkateFan4Life

heyang said:
Frank alluded to a difference in work ethics between himself and Tim. I doubt it was as extreme as Bowman, but perhaps Frank developed a lower tolerance after Chris.

Interesting. I thought Timothy Goebel had a very strong work ethic, after all the years he worked with Carol Heiss. Maybe the reason Frank "fired" Timothy was that he (Tim) wasn't living up to Frank's expectations - i.e. winning medals at Worlds.

Poor Frank must be chomping at the bit in anticipation of finally (!) coaching a skater to an Olympic gold medal.

icedancer2

Rinkside
Ptichka said:
Actually, I went back to check. Danielle made splash a couple of years ago by meadling at National Juniors. Since then she has indeed done nothing noteworthy.

IIRC Danielle also got the Gold in Novice at Nationals 2002. She made quite the ipression on ME, but I have not been as impressed most recently.

always a chance, though. She is still very young.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
heyang said:

well... from what I took out of the interviews around the time of nationals that frank gave it sounded more like he didn't feel that tim's only problem was related to his boots and that whatever support tim needed, frank couldn't give.

Frank apparently recommended Audrey to coach Tim (they're good friends) and after Angela's accident he was very supportive of Tim during nationals (behind the scenes)

CDMM1991

Medalist
SkateFan4Life said:
Poor Frank must be chomping at the bit in anticipation of finally (!) coaching a skater to an Olympic gold medal.

SkateFan are you referring to a particular skater Frank is currently coaching to an Olympic medal? If so, who?

jesslily

Final Flight
How is Ye Bin Mok doing now? She had a great performance during 2003 national, and withdrew 2004. She had back injury around that time. Is she still skating with Frank Carroll? Her webpage is closed. Is she going to compete this year? Or she quit for good?

mzheng

Record Breaker
jesslily said:
How is Ye Bin Mok doing now? She had a great performance during 2003 national, and withdrew 2004. She had back injury around that time. Is she still skating with Frank Carroll? Her webpage is closed. Is she going to compete this year? Or she quit for good?

I read in MKF (some one respond similar question from me there), that she gaveup skating now. Concetrating on school instead.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
He's brought many figure skaters to the international podiums and without Govenrment assistance! Why Tim left is a mystery to me.

At present he has (in his stable):

Evan Lysacek (The best steed in the stable). Still a teenager and becoming quite conistent. Evan will be looked at quite closely by the judges during the season and moreso after the Olys.

Jenny Kirk A beautiful filly but very inconsistent in perfomance. I believe she can be something special if Frank can get the demons out.

Bebe Liang Well.... I am biased here but I do believe Frank or Ken will give her his best, and Bebe will be the biggest threat in the coming Nationals.

I really don't know if there are other top skaters in Frank's stable (junior or novices). Is Congemi there to take up the reins after the Olys?

Joe

From teh title of this thread i thought Frank had had some kind of accident and was being described as "stable"!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ant

antmanb said:
From teh title of this thread i thought Frank had had some kind of accident and was being described as "stable"!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ant
And given my gift for spelling :no: I was nervous using it. :biggrin:

Joe

S

SkateFan4Life

CDMM1991 said:
SkateFan are you referring to a particular skater Frank is currently coaching to an Olympic medal? If so, who?

No, I am referring to Frank Carroll's record at bringing top American women skaters to the Olympics and then having them settle for the silver medal.

1980 - Linda Fratianne, and 1998 - Michelle Kwan.

It's a slippery sport.

Gold medals are for the best that day/night. End of 'best' argument! It's the body of work which is much more significant.

Joe