TT choreographed both MK's LP and a new SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

TT choreographed both MK's LP and a new SP

This is a copy from another thread where it is not as relevant as it is here:

There is no doubt that the contract has been fulfilled. I think what some fans and especially me wonder whether Oppegard, Danny, Her sister, will do anything to change it. I think TT must have given her many moves in the field and connecting steps into jumps which she isn't totally used to doing. If she is not comfortable with MIF into an element, she may just leave it out for comfortable crossovers - not good!

IMO, it is not enough to scatter elements around the ice interspersed with nothing more than forward and backward crossovers, and use the arms to blend with the music. This scenario is just not choreography. It is what divers do to show off their elements when they walk up the stairs to the platform. The difference is divers are judged soley on their elements whereas in figure skating we have these PCS to contend with.

Michelle will indeed have musicality and beautiful arms and fingers and the best line in skating but imo it is no longer enough.

I'm hoping I see TT's original choregraphy for her at Campbells, and then what the family starts doing to it for the GPs, Nats, and Olys. I'm hoping TT gets back to California for a tweaking before the Olys.

Joe

mzheng

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
This is a copy from another thread where it is not as relevant as it is here:

I'm hoping I see TT's original choregraphy for her at Campbells, and then what the family starts doing to it for the GPs, Nats, and Olys. I'm hoping TT gets back to California for a tweaking before the Olys.

Joe

Rumor (right after TT leave Cal) was that, TT was scheduled to come back twice. I don't think Karen/Opgerd will 'mess' aound her program, it would be against her parent's wish. But again, Michelle is Michelle, she does her own things when she feels like. And most of time she is right.

Kelly22 said:
PS. I'm glad he [Alexei Y.] is looking for his girl in his native country. I was concerned that the past relationship he had in the US would change him...his openess and honesty. If I recall correctly, TT or his mom was not thrilled about that relationship either.
I think Alexei's American girl friends is a case of, "if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with." :)

CDMM1991

Medalist
mzheng said:
If you read the articel in the link. The whole conversation was invoked by it said in an early practice session SA was seen open her LP with two 3/3/2. So guess she did put them in her program early on.

Oh I'm sorry I guess I didn't catch that haha.

cianni

On the Ice
Joesitz

Well Joesitz you have your wish. TT will be in CAL next wk to work with Michelle. She is with Weir and Goebel this wk. From the skaters mouth to your eyes.

Mathman said:
I think Alexei's American girl friends is a case of, "if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with." :)
The number of changes of topics in the last week or so is probably due to the nearness competition time.I think this thread is about TT and MK, but I suppose Yags' love life is somehow connected. I just don't see it. :biggrin:

Joe

mzheng said:
Rumor (right after TT leave Cal) was that, TT was scheduled to come back twice. I don't think Karen/Opgerd will 'mess' aound her program, it would be against her parent's wish. But again, Michelle is Michelle, she does her own things when she feels like. And most of time she is right.
I am still weary about the choreograhy. MK could take some MIF out and replace it to the more comfortable crossovers. Crossovers are the best for speed but speed is not a problem for her. She has, I believe, a fear of falling, and she does not take risks.

Cianni - But I do not know if TT left for Russia and is returning so soon to go to California. It's probably a trip to LAX before she leaves for Russia. the question: will she leave Russia to come back later? Meanwhile, I am just hoping for an unadulterated TT program at Campbells and then follow all that family tweaking, if any, for SA, COC, Nats and Olys.

Joe

Last edited:

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
The number of changes of topics in the last week or so is probably due to the nearness competition time.I think this thread is about TT and MK, but I suppose Yags' love life is somehow connected. I just don't see it. :biggrin:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

euterpe said:
I don't think any of Sasha's coaches or choreographers have described Sasha as easy to work with, and some have noted her less than avid training habits.
I'm fairly sure that if there was something Tarasova always praised Sasha Cohen for was the amount of her work she did in practise. I don't know where this recurrent rumour that she had bad training habits comes from. Isn't this just people making guesses as to why she makes mistakes in competition?

Last edited:

curious

Final Flight
Mathman said:

Too bad he can't have the one he truly loves huh?:biggrin:

Last edited:
Sasha and Nicks
Sasha and TT
Sasha and Wagner
Sasha's return to Nicks

We'll read all about their opinions some day but for now let's concentrate on Sasha's quest for gold in the Olys. She is the No.2 Lady in the worlds and at this point in time is arguably the best contender to unseat Ms Slutskaya.

Joe

Fozzie Bear

On the Ice
Originally Posted by RIskatingfan
I don't know where this recurrent rumour that she had bad training habits comes from.
I think from Robin Wagner and her unproffessional behavior in the fluff pieces.

It's hard for me to imagine that any athlete at the the top level would be lazy. Sure, they probably have days or even weeks when they feel unmotivated, but that happens to everybody.

Joesitz, I'm not sure where your idea that the family might "mess with the choreography" is coming from. The only time it's been reported that Karen and Oppegard have worked with MK on choreography was with her Aranjuez program. There's no evidence that her family has anything to do with the changes to Bolero. Those must have been made by Michelle, her coach, and/or her choreographers

cianni

On the Ice
Joesitz

In answer to your ques. TT is now in conn. working with Wier and Goebel not told if Arakawa is there then next week she goes to Cal. to work with Michelle then off to Russia. TT is still here. I will try to find out if she is coming back to work with Michelle and perhaps Weir during the season.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Cianni - But I do not know if TT left for Russia and is returning so soon to go to California. It's probably a trip to LAX before she leaves for Russia. the question: will she leave Russia to come back later? Meanwhile, I am just hoping for an unadulterated TT program at Campbells and then follow all that family tweaking, if any, for SA, COC, Nats and Olys.

Joe

Even the question was not address to me. But what I heard the whole purpose of having TT back (even with the finished program) was just to insure that her choreo stays.... borrow her own words TT is of cource TT!

Eeyora

Final Flight
Actually Oppegard choreographed the Miraculous Mandarin, the only program of Michelle's I truely disliked. It actually wasn't so much the choreography but the music.

Fozzie Bear said:
Joesitz, I'm not sure where your idea that the family might "mess with the choreography" is coming from. The only time it's been reported that Karen and Oppegard have worked with MK on choreography was with her Aranjuez program. There's no evidence that her family has anything to do with the changes to Bolero. Those must have been made by Michelle, her coach, and/or her choreographers
Sorry about my idea. It is based on posters' comments about MK; not from an official source. One post I read, was that Dean was upset that she changed much of his choreography. I don't know if the family was involved. Another poster wrote that the choreography at Campbell's was much better than what she had at Worlds. Perhaps I'm being overly cautious about what to expect.

Joe

gezando

Final Flight
Fozzie Bear said:
I think from Robin Wagner and her unproffessional behavior in the fluff pieces.

It's hard for me to imagine that any athlete at the the top level would be lazy.

Coaches talk about their students current or ex all the time. Just ask Larry Brown about Iverson. Nicks used to say Cohen liked to do whatever she wanted, and Robin did not say Cohen was lazy.

gezando

Final Flight
millie said:
TT is a choreographer not God!

Hardly news here millie, of course TT is not God, just watch her face after Cohen's triple flip attempt at sp of world 2003

flowjo35

On the Ice
Thanks Cianni and Mzheng for your infor. Keep it coming. It makes the off season go a little faster. :)

kyla2

Final Flight
Watering Down Programs

It has always been Michelle who took out the moves in the field and the choreography. It was no one else. I think what the family tends to do, is defend her position, which makes it look like they are behind it. They are a loyal and loving family so I have no criticism of them at all. But I would bet money Cristopher Dean had a much more complex program designed for Michelle, but being the professional he is, he hasn't said anything in public about it. I do think Joe you are right about Michelle's fear of falling and that's why she loses so much of it from the begining of the season to the end. I think she will be less inclined to do this with TT. From the money standpoint alone, she must have paid TT big bucks to choreograph this program, so let's hope she doesn't water it down. She has to fight her way through her fears and just go for it. If she does that she will have nothing to regret, come what may.

kyla2

Final Flight
Millie

I totally agree that TT is not GOD and without the jumps Michelle is toast. No argument there. But if Michelle doesn't have some choreographic content in her program, she's toast there as well. See my above post about watering down past programs. She has to have the whole package to beat Irina, Shiz and Sasha. She had the whole package in the not so distant past, and I believe she could have it all again. She has to be motivated and that's where I think the crux of it lies. She has won so much in the past, it becomes same old, same old. It's all old news. The good news is, she doesn't like to lose and she did last year-no medal at all, besides which she has never won an OGM. So if that doesn't light a fire under her, nothing ever will.

Last edited: