Sasha Cohen's New Journal Entry | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen's New Journal Entry

yoy_mama

Rinkside
SkateFan4Life said:
Oh, brother! And now we get to read all about Sasha's shopping expedition to purchase patio furniture. I'm sure this has a great deal to do with her figure skating training! :frown2:

http://www.sashacohen.com/journal.shtml

Well if u read on, it says that she will be telling us about what she is going to be doing until the Olympics. Training and all. She also says that she will be telling us what her long program will be. She is just saying that for her fans out there, so u shouldnt get all bothered by it.. and when it gets closer to competing and everything.. she pretty much only talks about skating.
Anyhow, if it bothers u that much, then just dont read her journal.. besides some people enjoy it.

euterpe

Medalist
Sasha's priorities seem a little lopsided. This is an Olympic year, and she is focused on .... furniture shopping??!!?? Sounds a lot like what she was doing last summer---everything under the sun except training. Then came Campbell's and she laid an egg. Meanwhile, Kwan is 'working like crazy' according to TT, and Shizuka is practicing TWO 3/3/2s.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Thanks for letting me know her new entry is in. :)

I'm glad to hear she has a new long program this season. :clap:
Her room sounds beautiful. She'd be someone fun to go shopping with. :)

R.D.

Record Breaker
(Just because she mentions it in her journal doesn't necessarily mean that's where her priorities are. Come on.)

More of the same, of course. I won't beat a dead horse so that's all I'm going to say on this subject. :cool:

IDLERACER

Medalist
"Natasha and I are coming up with our bedroom design. My bedroom is going to have a faded cream color. Everything will be in white or peachy pastel and look really feminine. The bedding is rose colored with lots of roses. I love roses and they will be everywhere in the room. Natasha has decided on a big, dark, wooden frame bed. We are totally different in our decorating styles!"
Whats up with this trend of skaters living with their sisters? I believe Jenny Kirk does also.

R.D.

Record Breaker
IDLERACER said:
Whats up with this trend of skaters living with their sisters? I believe Jenny Kirk does also.

Jenny Kirk has a sister? :confused:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Ah, ok then. (still think Jenny's :love: , but that's between you and me, OK? ;) Ha, just kidding. :p :laugh: )

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I really doubt Sasha takes these journals very seriously. It's just a fun thing that she gives for her fans in-between everything else she's up to. She probably just writes them and sends them in. She's not going to analyze is and think that it makes her sound a certain way, because I think she's a bit too busy to care really. And she shouldn't care, because we can't analyze the type of person she is by a few shallow journal entries that tell her fans little hobbies she likes to do. I mean if she wrote a long, deep, journal entry that had her spilling her most honest feelings, then we could...but these journals are far from that.

I'm also sure that she's working her butt off preparing for Torino.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
VIETgrlTerifa said:
I really doubt Sasha takes these journals very seriously. It's just a fun thing that she gives for her fans in-between everything else she's up to. I really doubt she would write about everything she's doing in these journals. I'm also sure that she's working her butt off preparing for Torino.

Same here. I know that in the past I've gotten a little on her case for teasing the fans, but all said and done, I do feel the same way. It's just a fun little thing for her to do, and maybe, just MAYBE occasionally we'll get something meaningful (i.e. talk of ice skating) from it. :agree:

antmanb

Record Breaker
euterpe said:
Sasha's priorities seem a little lopsided. This is an Olympic year, and she is focused on .... furniture shopping??!!?? Sounds a lot like what she was doing last summer---everything under the sun except training. Then came Campbell's and she laid an egg. Meanwhile, Kwan is 'working like crazy' according to TT, and Shizuka is practicing TWO 3/3/2s.

But since under the rules you can only do ONE three jump combination there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of point in focussing too much on that.

Ant

For those that don't know, Jenny's mother died, and she lives with her sister.

As for Sasha's Journal, that is aimed at Sasha's fans. If you are not one, why comment on it? Let the lady do her thing. It's harmless.

Joe

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
For those that don't know, Jenny's mother died, and she lives with her sister.
Kirk lived with her sister, Emily, while she was training in Michigan. She has been living by herself since she moved out to LA but mentions in her latest journal (July 12) on her official site that her good friend, Jennifer Don, is moving out to CA to live with her (Kirk used to live with Don & Don's mother when they were both training with the Scotvolds on Cape Cod).

Now, back to Sasha's journal...

S

SkateFan4Life

euterpe said:

That was my thought when I scanned this journal entry. Oh well, to each his or her own. However, Sasha is still carrying the expectations of becoming a US and World champion, and while she's come close, she still hasn't achieved this status.

If she arrives at the fall competitions undertrained and/or skates sloppy programs, and she isn't injured, I wonder what excuse she will have???

Red Dog said:
Ah, ok then. (still think Jenny's :love: , but that's between you and me, OK? ;) Ha, just kidding. :p :laugh: )
Jenny Kirk is the second prettiest girl in figure skating.

http://www.figureskatersonline.com/jenniferkirk/0405season/05nationals010.jpg

The first prettiest is her sister Emily. :)

BTW, here is the link to Jenny's diary, which Sylvia mentions, where she talks about her living arrangements in California. (Click on "July 12, 2005")

http://www.figureskatersonline.com/jenniferkirk/diary.html

Mathman :)

gezando

Final Flight
Mathman said:
Jenny Kirk is the second prettiest girl in figure skating.

Since you told us whenever you use the word "prettiest" to describe a skater, you mean pretty skating style. Since you gushed about Cohen being the "prettiest skater" (your exact words). So what makes Kirk the second prettiest behind Cohen?? (of course you mean skating style)

The first prettiest is her sister Emily. :)

Emily Kirk is not a skater, so by "prettiest" you can't possibly mean her skating style???

Of course you could confuse Emily Kirk with Emily Hughes. If you meant Emily Hughes, then you must be confusing Jenny Kirk with Sarah Hughes

jesslily

Final Flight
Sasha is the prettiest lady skater. She has been through the major competition preparation many times and know how to get herself ready. Besides skating, Sasha also wants a happy everyday life. As fans, we really don't need to worry about how she times and arranges her training schedule. As for when she is goling to release her long program info, we have no right to force her tellling us now.

gezando said:
Since you told us whenever you use the word "prettiest" to describe a skater, you mean pretty skating style. Since you gushed about Cohen being the "prettiest skater" (your exact words). So what makes Kirk the second prettiest behind Cohen?? (of course you mean skating style)
So many lovely ladies, how can I decide? What I meant to say was, AP McDonough is the prettiest skater.

animation9.gif