1992 Winter Olympic Photos - Kristi Yamaguchi | Golden Skate

1992 Winter Olympic Photos - Kristi Yamaguchi

S

SkateFan4Life

Mathman said:
:love: And here's an article about one of the projects that Kristi sponsrs through her Always Dream foundation. (Scroll down for a great picture of Kristi in a baseball cap.)

http://starbulletin.com/2002/08/08/news/story11.html

Great article! IMHO, Kristi is truly a lovely person, both on and off the ice, and her participation in a charity such as this one just reinforces my high opinion of her. :clap:

Eeyora

Final Flight
Thank You so Much Guys! Kristi was my first skating idol. She had a dream amateur carrer and a great pro career as well. She also seems to be a great person.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
RealtorGal said:
In every photo, she is listed as "Kristine"--What's up with THAT?

I think "Kristine" is actually Kristi's full name. I've never been able to totally confirm that, but it is listed as Kristine in some books and web sites (like the Olympic site in question), but I've never heard it said from Kristi herself so I'm not positive on that one.

S

SkateFan4Life

Hmmmm. I've never seen or heard Yamaguchi's first name referred to as anything but "Kristi"; however, that could be a nickname. Whatever the name, the lady is a fabulous figure skater! I loved her gold and black Olympic long program dress. Stunning! :clap:

I was just certain that I had read somewhere that her full birth name was Kristine Lynette Yamaguchi. But I might be remembering this wrong. Maybe "Lynette" is her sister.

Anyway, I can't find anything now except Kristi Tsuya Yamaguchi.

For $1.05 (bid up recently from 70 cents) I could order her biography, Kristi Yamaguchi: Artist on Ice by Shiobhan Donohue, from Amazon, and check it out.

Lots of performers go by their stage name so consistently that no one knows that it is not their real name. Like John Wayne = Marion Morrison, Judy Garland = Frances Gumm, etc.

MM

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Tsuya is Kristi's middle name. Her sister's name is Lori.

I have the Artist on Ice book. I don't believe they refer to her as Kristine in that one, but I think in Triumph on Ice (the small picture book) it is listed as Kristine. Always Dream is Kristi's own biography and I don't think she ever mentions her name as Kristine. So the mystery continues... ;) :laugh:

S

SkateFan4Life

purplecat said:
Tsuya is Kristi's middle name. Her sister's name is Lori.

I have the Artist on Ice book. I don't believe they refer to her as Kristine in that one, but I think in Triumph on Ice (the small picture book) it is listed as Kristine. Always Dream is Kristi's own biography and I don't think she ever mentions her name as Kristine. So the mystery continues... ;) :laugh:

Well, I think that many of us do not use the first name that is shown on our birth certificate. I haven't used my "real" name once in my entire life. Even my passport has the name I've always gone by!