Who Are You? | Golden Skate

Who Are You?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I think most everyone now knows pretty much about me. If not, ask and I'll tell you the good parts! :laugh: There are a number of posters that I can't figure out if they are male or female. So, let us know more about you. What kind of work do you do? Or schooling? Where are you from? I think we feel more comfortable if we know more about you. Or, maybe we will hate you. :rofl: :rofl:
I do have one question. How come so many of you don't choose to put a little more in your bio?

soogar

Record Breaker
Well I'm a law student who spends more time skating than studying.

I don't put any info down on my bio because I dream of reaching that level of skating where people will write posts and threads on me on the internet and I don't want my snarking on various skaters to come back and haunt me :).

I dream of the day Joesitz, Hockeyfan and Brad640 will write posts on my programs and laud my innovative spins, jumps in both directions, deep edges and my frequent use of the box split :biggrin: I guess I aspire to be a Klimkin and Shizuka Arakawa with Vaness Gusmeroli choreography [once I get those pesky crossovers down pat:)]

What can I say... I dream big :laugh:

Last edited:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Soogar-So do I. Never quit reaching for the stars! :)

I think everyone can tell that I'm a girl, with the the name CzarinaAnya ;)
I'm a 23 year old Christian midwesterner. I want to learn Hebrew & Russian and become a missionary in either Israel or Russia.

I also want to be well known in the skating world, someday, after I win the Olympic Gold, and marry one of my skating crushes. :biggrin:

Annie

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Grgranny said:
I do have one question. How come so many of you don't choose to put a little more in your bio?
It's a tough question. For example, while I post a lot about my life, I draw a line at posting any pictures of myself, or links to any blogs. I did not even post links to my wedding pictures here. Basically, I don't want to worry about anyone figuring out who I am.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, I am a recently married 29 year old St. Petersburg Jew who's been living in Boston since 1989.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think I'm pretty well known on here by just about everyone, but I guess I will post here anyway ;) lol

I'm Female, my name is Toni and my sign in name is the nickname I have had since I was old enough to talk... I'm attending school at the University of Alaska, Anchorage. I was born and raised here in Alaska, so I haven't "gotten out much." I've been a fan of figure skating since 1989 when I saw Scott Hamilton LIVE skating in the Walt Disney On Ice show. I used to say I was gonna marry him :laugh: I was 3-almost-4 ;)

I am owned by a 2 and a half year old pug named Yuka (yes I came up with that name because of Yuka Sato). I live with my parents during the summer and my aunt during the school year. I am studying "Journalism & Public Communications" going to "specialize" in TV and Film directing. I also am big on photography.

I'm a Star Wars geek, and I also love Law & Order and CSI... I'm a crime scene show geek, and I do like my American Idol ;)

I'm a Christian, denomination Southern Baptist. Which normally means I'm very conservative and opinionated. And yes it's safe to assume I'm one of those Religious Conservative Republicans. Be afraid, be very afraid. ;) :laugh:

I don't type my bio on message boards because I'm lazy ;)

Antilles

Medalist
In this age of identity theft, I worry about posting too much information. That being said, as a registered stock broker for the U.S., the NASD has seen fit to list my entire life on their public website. They list every job I have ever had, and even what high school I attended. I don't know why they feel the public needs this information, but I won't rant any further.

I am female, and in my 20s. I work for a large financial firm in Canada. I am currently in the process of transitioning out of my brokerage role, and into an HR role. I will be moving to Toronto for this job next week.

I am originally from Montreal, and have always been a skating fan (though I've also always been too clutzy to be a skater). Like Toni, I am a huge Star Wars fan, and my sign in name is a lesser known character from the original films. I've dabbled in fencing and curling, but am still looking for my perfect sport.

Aloft04

On the Ice
Female, married 28 years (second marriage) to a neat Englishman who continues to amaze and delight me, published author of three books, graduate of University of Oregon, private pilot with a fear of heights,animal advocate, award-winning Realtor, dweller of a green island in Puget Sound with a view of passing whales, nature lover, spiritual but anti-religion, Democrat, anti-war, good cook, humanist, Pro-Choice, not into status symbols of any kind, outspoken, world-travelled, avid reader, foreign film fan (thank you, Netflix!), who has worn skates only once in her life (to and from the fall.)

heyang

Record Breaker
Let's see....I am an American Female of Chinese heritage. I grew up in Peekskill, NY, attended college at RIT in Rochester, NY and moved to NJ in 1992. I currently am an Applications Development manager for a clothing conglomerate. So, if you like the merchandise at the GH Bass, Izod, Geoffrey Beene, Van Heusen and Calvin Klein outlet stores, let me know and I can send you a Friends & Family coupon when they are available - the coupon will get you 30% off your total purchase during whatever time period it is valid.

Right now, I'm getting totally overwhelmed at work because I have a ton of work to do for a project going in on September 24th, which is the day after my birthday - so celebrating will be low key :scratch: :no: On top of that, my boss and his right hand man are on vacation for the remainder of the week and, I, as the left hand man, am in charge and need to deal with moldy shoes and shipments to Puerto Rico and the big boss. Ugh

I'm also considered a go-to person when friends and family need help. My cousin's wife approached me 1st about a party for her husband - most people would have contacted their husband's sisters 1st...

On a personal note, I turned 40 last year and it's not so bad. Currently, no boyfriend, but concentrating on the positives of being single. I have one brother who has provided me with a 5 1/2 yr old nephew and a 3 1/2 yr old niece - I love to spoil both of them with practical things (i.e. character clothing, books and useful items - toys are for Christmas, birthday's and special occasions like graduation). My mom is still alive and currently lives with me for 4 to 24 hours per MONTH - the rest of the time she lives in NYC. Who knows what will happen when she retires... My father passed away just before my 19th birthday, which is one of the reasons why I support organ donation programs.

The only sport I play is golf, but I love watching figure skating. I also am a Yankee fan and don't mind watching basketball or football occasionally. I guess I'm conservative in my personal beliefs, but liberal in how other people choose to live their lives.

brad640

On the Ice
soogar said:
I dream of the day Joesitz, Hockeyfan and Brad640 will write posts on my programs and laud my innovative spins, jumps in both directions, deep edges and my frequent use of the box split :biggrin:
I would love to write posts about your skating! If you are inspired by Klimkin, Arakawa and Gusmeroli, I won't be able to resist :)
I hope you find many more opportunities to skate rather than study. Cheers!

diver chick

On the Ice
I'm Irish but living in Wales at the moment.
My degree is microbiology but I am currently six weeks from submitting my PhD thesis which is in epidemiology and statistics (like the epidemiology bit, not so keen on the stats :p) after which I hope to work in modelling (the spatial sort as opposed to the catwalk sort)

I'm 25 and female and I love scuba diving, although I think the user name is a bit of a giveaway ;) and am aiming to dive with sharks in South Africa without being in a cage, and to dive the Norway Fjords.

I'm an approaching 50 female who lives a quiet, fairly private life in rural Southern New Jersey in what little bit of farm area that is left in my immediate town.
I've been married 25 years. No children, but I am an Aunt, great-Aunt and great-great Aunt. Done everything from help hubby raise vegetables, pigs, chickens, and rabbits here on "the farm".
I love to flower garden, grow houseplants, go to yard sales, am an avid Philadelphia Phillies(baseball) fan. Obviously also love figure skating. I'm no where near as talented as Toni, but I love to "play" with the camera and build web pages on the net. I love having a computer to reach out to people who share common interests with me via MB's and e-mail. I've enjoyed meeting a few people I met on-line at skating MB's at the SOI & COI shows. I even found one person who is now a co-Phanatic with my hubby and I, so we get together at ballgames.
I'd rather work with a hammer, saw, drill than a stove or sewing machine. I like to divide and propogate house plants and perennials to sell at a little road-side picnic table stand we have in front of our house.
My schooling only went as far as graduating high school, a scholarly type I am NOT!
I do private childcare in my home.
Have been the "Mom" to many winged, finned, four-legged furry babies over the years...right now we have 15 1/2 yr. old JRT Aggie, 13 year old pointer-beagle mix Nellie, and almost 5 month old kitten, Philly.
Favorite vacation spots are the Walt Disney World area of Florida and Stone Harbor, a small beach town in New Jersey.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
NJSk8Fan said:
I'm no where near as talented as Toni, but I love to "play" with the camera and build web pages on the net.

I think you do just fine! I'm no Ansel Adams! (and I probably butchered that spelling, I'm actually not one of those photogs that bows and worships his work)

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Thank You

I must say that every year or so I start a page like this and this one is probably the most interesting of all. I have enjoyed all of them a lot. I hope others will keep posting. I always have the feeling that you don't get as disgusted with some of the posters if you know more about them. Tends to make us more like family. So, thanks, and keep posting.

CDMM1991

Medalist
I'm a thirteen year old female skater from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada at the pre-novice level, transitioning into novice soon. I love to skate and hope that I don't seem like just a typical annoying young teenager to some of my elders on GS. :p

Well, Toni, I don't even know who the heck Ansel Adams is!

And thanks for the compliment! Can't wait til I can afford a camera with better zoom! Can't wait to see what kind of pics I get at Skate America!

GrGranny, you are so right, it does make MB 's feel more like family when we know more about each other! I do not get on this board as often, nor as "in depth" as I'd like, so I do not know too many of you well at all....except for Toni, I've "watched" her grow up since I got my computer in 1999! ;)

K-Mo

On the Ice
I'm a Kindergarten teacher in Tucson, AZ. I'm not a skater, but I am obviously a big fan. :clap: I'm a also a movie junkie. I love old black and white movies the best! Cary Grant is my favorite actor. I'm also a band nerd. I'm sad that I don't get to march anymore, but I go watch Band Day every year to get my marching band fix. The Pride of Arizona right here in Tucson is the World's First Alternative Music Marching Band, and they are amazing! The director arranges all the music for them, and it rocks! :rock: I know a lot of people think band is cheesy, but this one is different. Anyway, my life seems to be centered in all things artistic, which is a pretty fun way to live.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Hi, I"m Kara ;)
I'm 24. I graduated a few years ago with a BA in honours history. Since then, I've had a couple jobs but my latest and favorite was working for an IT company on a games website. . . I got to play compluter games a lot. I live with my boyfriend of 5 years and our two cats who are my babies.
Recently I made the tough decision to go back to school to become a teacher. Although I loved my job, it was a job not a career. Hopefully when I'm done with this degree I can start a career and hopefully a house, marriage and babies will follow!! I never thought I would actuallly think that way, but lately those 'grown up' things have been on my mind. Its going to be really tough to leave the nice little life we built and move away to school and back into residence (I am CRAZY). But hopefully it will all be worthwhile.
In my spare time I am occupied with lurking on skaing forums, watching my old tapes, playing on my favorite site www.neopets.com and watching movies.

And I must say there are a lot of interesting people here!

~Rainbow~

Match Penalty
I am a 14 year old female originally from Pensylvania, moved to Kentucky... then Vermont. I have an older sister that introduced me to figure skating.. she is a total skating freak and can't go for a day without mentioning it. It's get's annoying, but deep down I really love it. My first skating crush was Timothy Goebel, but my sister says he is not interested in women. Oh well, I can still be a fan. I don't get all the hype about Sasha Cohen, I mean she is pretty and sweet but she falls too much.

I have no other siblings and two first cousins, and barealy any friends. Most of my friends are either in another state or country or don't talk to me anymore. Luckily I have some friends that care about me. My parents are the worst people in the world, and I wish I was an only child. I am also never going to get a boyfriend. I think my cousin is cute... my second cousin but that's wrong so I won't go there.

Though I am Catholic I don't think I believe in God anymore. I hate going to mass, and I hate school. Also I was Battered_Beyotch like a year ago. I decided to get a new screen name since my old on offended people.