New Sasha journal ... 8/24/05 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

New Sasha journal ... 8/24/05

millie

Medalist
orchid said:
kyla2 said:
Some people need to get lives. Knocking Sasha because she doesn't reveal her music choices is hilarious! Knocking her journal for content? Again, too hilarious. She is a skater who is informing and conversing with her fan base. Don't read it if it bores you.

First , Sasha is fell over herself, to let us know she is regurgitating a old exhibition piece. Not like THAT was any surprise. :biggrin: It is Michelle who is critiized for keeping her music a mystery.

Next, if one reads closely the replies to the 'here's another Sasha journal entry', many people are mocking her writing and the rest defending it. Therefore, I conclude everyone "likes" reading it but for different reasons.

I say Sasha, write away, anything that pops into your mind. Hours of fun. Soon we can all focus on the skating and these Pulitzer prize quality journal entries will lessen in interest to all.
:rofl:

Way to go Orchid, you tell them, they wont' listen to me. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

gezando

Final Flight
antmanb said:
I'm sorry but you really are talking rubbish! If you genuinely believe that being "secretive" about your choice of music for the upcoming season is "diva like behaviour" then you should be aware that you're tarrring about 50% of elite level skaters with the "Diva" brush!

kyla2 said:
Some people need to get lives. Knocking Sasha because she doesn't reveal her music choices is hilarious

antmanb and kyla I am going to answer both of you in one post.
Oh please, read carefully. Millie was the one who first diss skaters for keeping things secret. I follow up answering Millie, following his or her line of reasoning, if a skater is diss for keeping things secretive, then Cohen is an example of a skater who has a habit of announcing ahead of time that she will announce her music choice next time, I was just following MIllie's reasoning to make a point. I never consider Cohen as a genuine diva because she does not have enough accomplishment to be a real one. If I go with Millie's line of reasoning Cohen is just a wannabe. BTW, antmanb the British pair you use as an example just want to keep their music choice private that is different from Cohen announcing ahead of time that she will announce her music choice.

Last edited:

gezando

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
It's all about 'body of work' and 'attitude'.

Maria Callas at her peak had both, therefore going by your definition she qualified for a PRIMA donna / DIVA
Now Kathleen Battle, even though she is good, she is no Callas, but her attitude is HUGH, since you live in NYC, you know how she was fired by the Met 10 years ago. She has the attitude without a body of work to back that up, therefore she is diva like??? JMO in skating that are skaters who exhibit diva (diva in small caps) like behavior without the body of work :biggrin:

Last edited:
orchid said:
Pattinatore artistico (figure skater)

Thanks Orchid. Would I be presumptuous if we gave the title of

Prima Pattinatore artistico asoluta to

Michel Kwan?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

And yes, it is time to let Sasha be Sasha. It's her personality and I, for one, can not get upset as what she says or doesn't say. I like Sasha being Sasha.

Joe

Last edited:

orchid

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
Thanks Orchid. Would I be presumptuous if we gave the title of

Prima Pattinatore artistico asoluta to

Michel Kwan?

Yes, Michelle is the finest example of a champion figure skater.

Sasha got a song, so how about one for Michelle? Perhaps a grande finale for this thread? ;)

Kwanee, how we love ya, how we love ya,
Our sweet young Kwanee!
We'd give the world to see
You win the '06 Olympic G-O-L-D!

Oh, Kwanee, Prima Pattinatore
Artistico Asoluta
We'd walk a google mirals
For one of your spirals
Our Kwa-ha-ha-ha-nee!
:agree:

=============================================
On a serious note: Hope this doesn't sound preachy, but I think we should leave Michelle's song until tomorrow while today we honor those who died on 9/11/01 and also give whatever we can, if we haven't already, to the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
=============================================

Rgirl

Rgril, I can't let this thread slip on down to the second page without giving you your props for "Kwanee!" :rofl::rofl::rofl: :clap: :clap: :rock: :cool:

(ROARING APPLAUSE!) :clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you (Rgirl, gracious & humble--yeah, right), thank you (sort of like Eric Clapton). :rock: (closest emoticon to a bow).

But you know, Mathman, when you have inspiration like Michelle, there's just no telling what poetry you can suddenly spew out. But really, I just wrote from my heart. So don't thank me. Thank Michelle. :agree:

Now I just need the Irina, Carolina, and Fumie muses to come visit me. :laugh:

Rgirl said:
Now I just need the Irina, Carolina, and Fumie muses to come visit me. :laugh:
Nothing could be keena than my sweetie Carolina -- oh wait, I mean Irina -- in the mor-r-r-ning.

And the ever popular, Ta rah rah BOOM-de-ay, sweet sugar Fu-me-ay!

(Um, jump in and take it any time.)

emma

Record Breaker
Mathman said:

And the ever popular, Ta rah rah BOOM-de-ay, sweet sugar Fu-me-ay!

(Um, jump in and take it any time.)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I have droplets of coffee on my computer screan now... :laugh: :laugh: