Carrie Underwood | Golden Skate

Carrie Underwood

~Rainbow~

Match Penalty
Is Carrie all she's cut out to be? I mean that girl has a great set of pipes, don't get me wrong. But is she going to last like Kelly Clarkson? I mean while she has the vocal goods, she can't exactly pull off the best performances. Maybe I shouldn't judge since I haven't been able to make it to any of the concerts.

One thing I like about Carrie is her wholesome image unlike the slutty images of Britney Spears and Christina Aquilera- while Christina can sing, Carrie still can but doesn't need to dress like a cheap hooker to sell a record.

I hear her single has sold more than and previous Idol's first singles. That is a good start- as Simon Cowell is right 95% of the time. I will be supporting Carrie throughout her whole career and I am happy for her that she won- but Bo Bice was kind of robbed in a way.

glow_girl85

Rinkside
I'm pretty sure that her single didn't sell more than other Idols' first singles. I think her single is the first ever by a country artist to debut at #1 or something like that.
At the beginning of AI4, Carrie was very popular very early on, from her first audition. It seemed as if everyone liked her already. I often wondered "What's the big deal? We've hardly seen her and people are already nuts about her." As the competition went on, I started to like her along with everyone else. Not only did she have the voice, but she just had the X-factor, as Simon says and she does seem very sweet. I never thought that she was that lacking in the emotional/performance department as much as other people, but I can see where people got that form. I was able to attend the AI tour this year and let me tell you, Carrie is excellent live! She has definitely improved by getting into her performances a lot more.
I don't know if she will last as long as Kelly Clarkson (I'm a huge Kelly fan, so I may be a bit biased) but I hope that she will do well in country music since that's what she loves.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I like Carrie, I love Bo. I like Carrie's wholesome image, and she improved greatly in the presentation department as AI4 progressed, and I expect that she will continue to improve with time. I think Kelly Clarkson dresses like she shops at "Cheap Hos 'R Us" and I hope that Carrie does not succumb to that scene.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
RealtorGal said:
I like Carrie, I love Bo. I like Carrie's wholesome image, and she improved greatly in the presentation department as AI4 progressed, and I expect that she will continue to improve with time. I think Kelly Clarkson dresses like she shops at "Cheap Hos 'R Us" and I hope that Carrie does not succumb to that scene.

I completely agree.

I do like the message that Bo has been giving too. Considering he is a Christian, and like Clay, is outspoken about it...
and I've never been a fan of tattoos but the one he has on his chest is awesome! :rock: