Wedding Photos - Shot Aug. 12 & 13 | Golden Skate

Wedding Photos - Shot Aug. 12 & 13

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
just a few for now... as always, clicking on the photo will give you the bigger photo

this was the happiest the Groom's parents looked all weekend...

Look familiar? They are the first couple that I officially shot their wedding!!!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Just curious Toni, what camera do you use to photograph?

I like photography too, but it's just a little hobby of mine, nothing serious.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
Just curious Toni, what camera do you use to photograph?

I like photography too, but it's just a little hobby of mine, nothing serious.

Up until about Feb. I used my Canon AE-1 or my dad's Canon A-1

Now I have a Canon Rebel XST, which if and when I get a Rebel EOS the lenses will be interchangable.

Right now I can't afford a good digital camera (it's either go to nationals in 06 or get the camera... tough choice but I chose the trip to nationals)

still hoping Santa will feel generous and get me a camera this Christmas... but the PFD Elf got me the Rebel XST in October.... and my g'pa got me my awesome lens in February lol so Santa may not think I need a Digital right now :( :laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yeah, those are nice.

I have a Canon Powershot G1 from 2000, and I plan to upgrade now (still waiting for them to ship it) to the new Nikon D70s digital SLR camera. It's really nice. :)

mpal2

Final Flight
I love my Rebel EOS, but I want to get the digital SLR version. It was Nationals or the camera so I'll just have to wait on the camera a little longer.

Great pictures Toni! :clap:

R.D.

Record Breaker
mpal2 said:
I love my Rebel EOS, but I want to get the digital SLR version. It was Nationals or the camera so I'll just have to wait on the camera a little longer.

The Rebel XT is a pretty nice camera. The only problem I had with it is it was too SMALL- I have big hands and the grip was way too small. I was actually feeling cramped whenever I was holding it. But other than that it's a very nice camera. If you have small hands it's ideal. The Nikon just felt a lot more rugged and firm in my hands (it felt more like a quality SLR IMO). I was also considering the difference between 6 and 8 MP, but it's really not that much, considering there are photos on the web where you can compare them side by side. The lens that comes with the Nikon is also loads better than the Canon one, IMO.

The first couple you did the wedding photos of look like they are doing great and really happy in their pic!
Wonderful shots as always, Toni!

I have a Canon Powershot A20 right now and it's a great general use camera and served the purpose of me learning digital really well. I was so intimidated by the idea of "going digital"...somehow thought it'd be so different than regular camera and that I'd have trouble with software, etc. But I had no trouble at all. The zoom leaves much to be desired, tho.
I was flipping channels one night and caught some cameras on one of the home shopping network channels. They were showing one camera that had a reset button of some sort so you wouldn't have to wait for that delay the digitals have between taking pictures...they described the delay as the time it takes for the camera to download the picture into it's memory. The reset button supposedly allows you to shoot immediately after pushing it.
When I'm ready to get a new camera, I'm going to go to a reliable camera shop and describe what I use my camera for and see what they recommend....then research it on-line...then shop around for the best price. My husband gets a Sears gift card every quarter from his job, it's an incentive for having a safe, accident free work record. Each quarter the gift card is a higher denomination...then he gets one at Christmas time. We're hoping Sears will carry the kind of camera I want to get, that way we can apply the gift cards to the purchase price!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
So you were shooting with a Digital in Portland, mpal2? or am I bonkers? LOL (don't answer that truthfully or I may have to hurt you ;))

Patch - thanks! :) Tesa and Steve (the couple from my first wedding) are doing extremely well. They just had a little boy a few months back and even though he's had his share of medical problems (his skull was already fused together leaving no room for growth) they are just the happiest family. Her step-sister is the bride from this wedding. :) They've been at every wedding save for one since I started shooting weddings it's a little freaky, but they are so much fun. I love Steve. He's too much fun. I've known Tesa for close to 14 years now so they make me feel like I'm part of the family. :)

I had to shoot with a Nikon Digital SLR for the Iditarod and I hated it... I so much prefer Canon. I think it's just because I grew up on it. I dunno.

I don't have "big" hands... but I have long fingers, but I don't have much of a problem... I found I had more of a problem with the bulky Nikon.

Canon's are prettier ;)

R.D.

Record Breaker
NJSk8Fan said:
The first couple you did the wedding photos of look like they are doing great and really happy in their pic!
Wonderful shots as always, Toni!

I have a Canon Powershot A20 right now and it's a great general use camera and served the purpose of me learning digital really well. I was so intimidated by the idea of "going digital"...somehow thought it'd be so different than regular camera and that I'd have trouble with software, etc. But I had no trouble at all. The zoom leaves much to be desired, tho.
I was flipping channels one night and caught some cameras on one of the home shopping network channels. They were showing one camera that had a reset button of some sort so you wouldn't have to wait for that delay the digitals have between taking pictures...they described the delay as the time it takes for the camera to download the picture into it's memory. The reset button supposedly allows you to shoot immediately after pushing it.
When I'm ready to get a new camera, I'm going to go to a reliable camera shop and describe what I use my camera for and see what they recommend....then research it on-line...then shop around for the best price. My husband gets a Sears gift card every quarter from his job, it's an incentive for having a safe, accident free work record. Each quarter the gift card is a higher denomination...then he gets one at Christmas time. We're hoping Sears will carry the kind of camera I want to get, that way we can apply the gift cards to the purchase price!

NJ- If you can afford it, I would seriously consider the entry-level SLR market. If you want a fast, responsive camera that you never have to wait on, that is your best bet. Otherwise, there are some pretty cool P and S cameras out there that are fairly quick. Much quicker than my G1, I know- I have to wait 6 seconds for the thing to start up, and once it does autofocus takes anywhere from 1 to 10 seconds, depending on lighting.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
So you were shooting with a Digital in Portland, mpal2? or am I bonkers? LOL (don't answer that truthfully or I may have to hurt you ;))

Patch - thanks! :) Tesa and Steve (the couple from my first wedding) are doing extremely well. They just had a little boy a few months back and even though he's had his share of medical problems (his skull was already fused together leaving no room for growth) they are just the happiest family. Her step-sister is the bride from this wedding. :) They've been at every wedding save for one since I started shooting weddings it's a little freaky, but they are so much fun. I love Steve. He's too much fun. I've known Tesa for close to 14 years now so they make me feel like I'm part of the family. :)

I had to shoot with a Nikon Digital SLR for the Iditarod and I hated it... I so much prefer Canon. I think it's just because I grew up on it. I dunno.

I don't have "big" hands... but I have long fingers, but I don't have much of a problem... I found I had more of a problem with the bulky Nikon.

Canon's are prettier ;)

Toni- It's a matter of taste. Believe me, the Canon vs. Nikon debate gets pretty intense at times. I intend to use both brands. (I find that for SLRs, Nikon tends to be more "mainstream" with their lenses and it's much more likely that I'll be able to use current lenses with new models that come out in the future, whereas Canon is more "spontaneous".) Canon's Powershot line is very good- I might consider getting a small "pocket" camera from them and then Nikon for the upper end.

mpal2

Final Flight
Thanks for the tips Red Dog. I'm ok with the size of the camera. I've been price shopping and just had to hold it for a tryout.

Tonichelle said:

Canon's are prettier ;)

I may go to hell for lying, but for you I'll do anything. ;) You are not bonkers but I was using a film camera at Nationals. Anna and Heather used the digitals. I definitely want to upgrade soon.

And yes Canons are prettier. They're picture perfect. :laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Thanks for the tips Red Dog. I'm ok with the size of the camera. I've been price shopping and just had to hold it for a tryout.

That was my experience. The Canon may very well be the better one for you.

As for looks- Canons have that "sexier" look, while Nikon sticks to a more "professional" design. Between you and me, I prefer the latter. :biggrin:

Of course, I went by features, picture quality, feel, etc. Just because a camera LOOKS nice doesn't mean it IS nice. ;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
mpal2 said:
I may go to hell for lying, but for you I'll do anything. ;) You are not bonkers but I was using a film camera at Nationals. Anna and Heather used the digitals. I definitely want to upgrade soon.

after the crapload of money I had to pay for film and developing I want to upgrade today! LOL

and I am so glad I am not bonkers... all I can remember with you and your camera is freaking out over dust lol

AS FOR WHICH IS BETTER. CANON RULES ALL!!!
Nikon sucks!
:laugh: