Posters/Their Avatars | Golden Skate

Posters/Their Avatars

CDMM1991

Medalist
There's something I've noticed. When I read someone's posts I find myself thinking of their avatar saying it. Tehe I don't know what it is, but it's like people's avatars are their way of showing their personality or something. Like everytime I read something that Joesitz says, I'm imagining in my head Dick Button saying, the same with Tonichelle and Steven Cousins, and Mathman and Yuka Sato. It's quite funny actually.

icedancer2

Rinkside
You are not the only one -- I do it, too -- especially that particular picture of Dick Buttons for Joesitz -- it's like he's speaking right to you!

Of course, when you see my avatar, I am hoping you all think I am just as beautiful as the wonderful Margarita Drobiazko :love: .

:rofl:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I hope people don't imagine I look like Paul Wylie! :rofl:

lol! I imagine Dick Button talking, also, when Joesitz, posts. Maybe it is him... :laugh:

Annie

heyang

Record Breaker
Me, too. There's something about how Joe writes that makes me think of Dick Button - even before his current avatar.

Sorry, Mathman! I can't hear Yuka when I read your posts! :laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I thought the same exact thing. I really did use to find myself thinking of Dick everytime I read a post by Joesitz. However, now I don't really do it anymore. If it's a skater skating, I tend to "ignore" it. But if it is an off-ice picture, sometimes you can't help but think that way. :biggrin:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
icedancer2 said:
You are not the only one -- I do it, too -- especially that particular picture of Dick Buttons for Joesitz -- it's like he's speaking right to you!

I get that vibe with Joe all the time... maybe that's why it's so easy for me to butt heads with him during the skating season on different subjects. I take my frustration out on him since he's got that Dick Button avatar :laugh:

you know what's sad? I didn't even remember who I had as my avatar :laugh: Sorry, Stevey! :laugh:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I identify posters by their avatars. If I don't like the skaters I don't like them!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Just kidding!!! Little Monday morning humor. Really, like when I see Torville and Dean, I know it's Granny.

Dee

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
tdnuva said:
Ahem!!!!!! :laugh:

As I said before when I see the Torville and Dean avatar, I know it's Tdnuva and Granny!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

PS Tdnuva, am I off the hook???

tdnuva

On the Ice
Dee4707 said:
As I said before when I see the Torville and Dean avatar, I know it's Tdnuva and Granny!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

PS Tdnuva, am I off the hook???
I was just wondering..... :p

brad640

On the Ice
LOL at this thread! I think of Elena speaking when I read Ptichka's posts, and I still think of Rory when I read soogar's posts even though she changed her avatar to Li. I don't think of Oksana when I read Rgirl's posts, but I love that photo of Oksana caressing the ice with her cheek. I think mzheng should get an avatar of Estella Kwan, because that is who I think of when I read her posts. I also got confused by ice-dancer2's avatar. I think anya_angie used it before.

R.D.

Record Breaker
You know, I think I once had an Irina avatar for a short period of time back in the day :laugh: That was when GS was still an ezboard :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
Just wondering- who's the skater in YOUR avatar?

Kasey's avatar is of "Jumpin" Joe Sabo... yeah if I spell it wrong I'll be laughed at lol... Bronze Medalist at the 1984 Olympics... ;) he is one of the skaters that some say should be the one to actually have his name next to "first quad"

Kasey

Medalist
Tonichelle said:
Kasey's avatar is of "Jumpin" Joe Sabo... yeah if I spell it wrong I'll be laughed at lol... Bronze Medalist at the 1984 Olympics... ;) he is one of the skaters that some say should be the one to actually have his name next to "first quad"

You got it! Jumpin Joe Sabovcik, who landed a quad toe at I think the 88 Europeans? (Can't remember which exact competition). Apparantly the ISU's camera angle showed it looking like he two-footed it. U.S. media camera supposedly showed it clean. The ISU won! :) C'est la vie Joe!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
CzarinaAnya said:
I hope people don't imagine I look like Paul Wylie! :rofl:
And I sure hope that people do not think I look like my dog, Madelyn! :rofl:

Yeah, that Joe/Dick Button vibe happens to me every single time I read a Joesitz post. I imagine Uncle Dick speaking those posts! :laugh: