Getting Rid of Tapes | Golden Skate

Getting Rid of Tapes

manhn

Rinkside
Hi, I purchased a dvd recorder awhile ago and have been transferring everything from my vhs tapes to dvd. After numerous sleepless nights and cancelled dinner parties, I have finally done it. YES! Now, I have to get rid of these tapes. I have 546 tapes in total (if anyone lives in the Vancouver, BC area and would like to pick the whole lot up, let me know and we can negotiate a reasonable fee).

For an index of the skating events I have, here's a link:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8613

Note that the index does not include everything. There are interviews and news reports that I don't include in the index.

For a complete listing of all the skaters under each event, here's a link where you can download it (note the document is quite large):

http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0H73GTQIMX64D0V51WAZG8DKHH

If the yousendit link expires, let me know and I'll just email you with an attachment.

Each tape in the word document is bookmarked in this way: "t#" (no space)

Say, on the index, you're interested in the following:

Belgium Stars on Ice
2004 (543, DVD #379)

"543" is the tape number (if you don't see a number that doesn't precede "DVD #" means I only have that event on DVD). So, go to the word document and enter the bookmark name "t543". It will lead you to tape 543, which will show all the skaters that performed at the 2004 Belgium SOI, and other events that are on the tape.

Most of the tapes are NTSC, a few are PAL (they will be indicated as PAL on the word document). Some have commercials, some have no commercials. Most are EP-mode, some are SP-mode, a few are LP-mode. Most tapes are 6 hour tapes, some are 8 hour tapes, a few are 10-hour tapes. The earlier tapes tend to be more haphazrd, as I (stupidly) just recorded or kept the performances I enjoyed. After tape 50, they tend to be more "complete."

As a general rule of thumb, anything after the 2002 Olympic season that was on Canadian tv and the major American networks, I recorded. Anything that was on ESPN Classic Canada I recorded. I try to make note of quality problems for each event, but I will let you know if there are any other problems when you email me.

Everything is available, except for the following tapes: 84, 112, 147, 211, 212, 213, 214, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 253, 296, 355, 448, 464, 507, 541. Most of them are skater compilation tapes. They're in 6-hour mode, and they look better on tape than on dvd, so that's why I want to keep them (there are still other compilations, especially of Jamie and David, that I'd like to get rid of).

I can still copy things for you, either on tape or dvd (although copying on dvd will be limited for the time being).

I will still trade for any of these tapes, but only for something I really, really want.

It will usually be first come, first serve. But if, say, a person wants the ladies event of 2004 Worlds, Japanese coverage and another person wants the whole 2004 Worlds set--I'm gonna get give it to the person who wants the whole thing.

If interested in anything, email me at [email protected]. Provide the tape numbers and I will reserve them for you if they are still available. I will give you all the details in terms of pricing and mailing after emailing me.

manhn

Rinkside
Hi, I have six more tapes to get rid of. They are:

Tape Five Hundred and Forty-Seven
1986 Skate America (Videosport/ESPN) (6:17)
Pairs’ Short Programs
Pairs’ Long Programs
Free Dances
Ladies’ Long Programs
Men’s Short Programs
Men’s Long Programs

Tape Five Hundred and Forty-Eight
1986 Skate America (Videosport/ESPN) (2:38)
Exhibitions
1987 World Championships (Videosport) (53 min)
Pairs’ Short Programs

1988 European Championships (Japanese TV) (1:11)
Pairs’ Long Programs
Ladies’ Long Programs
Free Dances
Men’s Long Programs

1989 Bay Area Night of International Stars (KGO San Francisco) (46 min)
1989 Brian Orser: Skating Free (CTV) (45 min)

1992 Jr. World Championships (Japanese TV) (47 min)
Ladies’ Long Programs
Free Dances
Men’s Long Programs
Pairs’ Long Programs

2005 SOI Cast on “I’ll Do Anything” (ESPN 2)

Tape Five Hundred and Forty-Nine
1981 US Nationals (Videosport) (2:44)
Men’s Long Programs
Exhibitions

1985 European Championships (Japanese TV) (1:03)
Pairs’ Long Programs
Ladies’ Long Programs
Men’s Long Programs
Free Dances

1986 Goodwill Games (TBS) (1:46)
Exhibitions

Tape Five Hundred and Fifty
1997 NHK Trophy (Japanese TV) (3:45)
Pairs’ Short Programs
Original Dances
Pairs’ Long Programs
Ladies’ Long Programs
Free Dances
Men’s Long Programs
Exhibitions

2000 Eisgala (German TV) (1:33)

Tape Five Hundred and Fifty-One
1978 World Championships (CTV) (5:55)
Pairs’ Long Programs
Mens' Long Programs
Ladies Long Programs
Free Dances
Exhibitions
Tape Five Hundred and Fifty-Two
2002 Jr. World Championships (Japanese TV) (6:49)
Original Dances
Free Dances
Pairs’ Short Programs
Pairs’ Long Programs
Exhibitions

1990 Russians in Italy Gala (Italian TV) (1:18)

For a complete listing of these tapes, click this link:

http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=02E6T28FGAO2R1MJ7M8OPALQQ1