NNN skating pairs! | Golden Skate

NNN skating pairs!

Arianne

On the Ice
I just read that NNN is skating pairs with Themi Lefteris. Maybe this was discussed before, but its the first time I've heard about it. Hopefully they can make nationals!!!

Thans Arianne for the news and thanks to Ptchka for the link on Themi.

It's delightful news and who knows what will happen. All the best to them. BTW, what happened to Jacqueline?

Joe

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Hooray!!! She is my favorite. I was just devastated when her hip problems kept her out of the ranks with the top ladies.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Ptichka said:
Thank you for the news, I haven't heard it before. Here is an article about Leftheris with his previous partner: http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2001/012302.shtml
From what I can tell, after 2002, this partnership broke up, and Leftheris skated in 2004 with Nicole Hartunian and last year with Julian Burns. That seems like a lot of partnerships in a short time, but perhaps that's the way it is in pairs. I have no idea why his previous partnerships disbanded.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Jackie Jimenez skated briefly with another partner in Florida in 2003 but has since retired, I believe.

Leftheris and Julian Burns placed 13th in senior at 2005 US Nationals (they had a good free skate, landing side by side 3toes and 3sals), but she later decided to retire from competitive skating to focus on college and other activities.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Question: How much has NNN grown since she made the Nationals Sr. Ladies podium? Needless to say, every young lady grows between age 12 & 17 or whatever NNN is now. However, I'm still hopin' that she's relatively petite & easy to lift and throw. :)

Frau Muller

Final Flight
I hope that the man on the team is very tall & strong (like Artur Dmitriev) because NNN has grown a lot (taller & more muscular/'solid'). Tai Babilonia was a big gal for a pairs skater, so it's not impossible.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Yeah. Based on what shown in the photo, she has to trim down a little for pair.

She has those natural 'flair' of presentation. Find a right partner she'll do great as pair.....I'm wondering why Jenny does not skate to pairs, in US it is relative easy to make National team in pairs than in lady. And Jenny's body type looks build for pair skating. she does not even need triming down.

jesslily

Final Flight
I saw NNN in person this Summer. She looked a lot slender than she was in 2003's pictures. She has a lot of strong muscles top to buttom.

Julie O

Rinkside
This news sounds interesting! And their coach is...........? If it's Mr. Nicks, which seems logical, didn't he have lots of success in pairs with Meno and Sand, and also the Carruthers?

Julie

Esthetically,I prefer the man in Pairs to be no more than a head above the lady. I'm not keen on father and daughter doing pairs, although the acrobatic lifts will be much easier. Just not impressed.

Joe

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Julie O said:
This news sounds interesting! And their coach is...........? If it's Mr. Nicks, which seems logical, didn't he have lots of success in pairs with Meno and Sand, and also the Carruthers?

Julie
Yes, Nicks was the coach of Meno and Sand but not the Carruthers. Ron Ludington coached the Carruthers. John Nicks also coached Tai and Randy. I think he also coached JoJo Starbuck and Ken Shelley.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Vash01

Medalist
I am happy to hear that she is still skating. I would not draw any conclusions yet. She was incredibly talented at age 13, but she is a different person now. It remains to be seen if she can be a good pairs skater. I don't see singles skating in her future if she wants to make the Olympic team. So this may be her best option.

Vash

JOHIO2

Medalist
attyfan,
thanx for the link. naomi has quite the glamour shot. and i wonder how she and themi look together. even more important, i wonder how they skate together. i wish them lots of luck. come to think of it, karen kwan has a great pic too.

also, i was interested to see the ganabas. i saw them skate pairs in the 2000 nationals when they were juniors. sima was such a tiny girl but she managed to fill the entire arena. i guess the only other time i saw them skate was the senior nat'l (2001? 2002?) when dick button and abc managed to show them as a top six pair and talked about their potential. sima is still gorgeous.