Zhulin is my favorite choreographer | Golden Skate

Zhulin is my favorite choreographer

Arianne

On the Ice
I have always been a fan of Zhulin's choreography. He is a genius at invisioning style and new types of movement. I love the programs he did for Kurt a few years back. Is he choreograhing any skater's programs this olympic year?

Arianne

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Arianne said:
I have always been a fan of Zhulin's choreography. He is a genius at invisioning style and new types of movement. I love the programs he did for Kurt a few years back. Is he choreograhing any skater's programs this olympic year?
Well... for starters, his wife's programs :)
I believe he choreographs for all of his teams. That would include Fraser & Lukanin, Murvanidze, and I'm sure I'm forgetting more.

Shanti

On the Ice
He's coaching Chait&Sakhnovski. I guess it includes choreographing their programs.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Shanti said:
He's coaching Chait&Sakhnovski. I guess it includes choreographing their programs.
Have they switched coaches from Platov to Zhulin? That would be rather improbably. I know Platoc and Zhulin will be sharing ice, but I'm sure C&S will remain Platov's students.

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Vakhtang has left Zhulin for the Ice House in Hackensack, so I don't think Zhulin is doing choreography for him anymore. Agree - love his choreography - and loved what he did for Abt with his SP 'Russian Sailor Dance'.

For non-Olympic contenders, Alexei Yagudin is with him today through Friday getting new programs made. Last season Zhulin did Alexei's very cool 'Moon Over Bourbon Street.'

It's fascinating that he and long-time rival Platov are now working together -can't wait to see what they come up with for N&K this season.

Shanti

On the Ice
Ptichka said:
Have they switched coaches from Platov to Zhulin? That would be rather improbably. I know Platoc and Zhulin will be sharing ice, but I'm sure C&S will remain Platov's students.

I've read it in Tarasova's interview, translation here . She was asked if she knew that Chait/Sakhnovsky were going to train with Zhulin. She answered "yes, of course" and that she had even watched their practices.

lulu

Final Flight
I think both Zhulin and Platov are working together with N&K and C&S; so C&S are still Platov's students.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Zanzibar said:
It's fascinating that he and long-time rival Platov are now working together -can't wait to see what they come up with for N&K this season.
I find it more fascinating that Tatiana and Galit will be sharing the ice.

Arianne - Think about that wonderfully lyrical Sasha Abt doing that dumb Bolero. I can not forgive Zhulin for that.

Joe

pollyls

Rinkside
soogar said:
He did the Zhangs' programs for last season.

So he's the source of that shimmy Hao Zhang did when the Hall of the Mountain King theme came back? That was hysterical... :laugh:

emma

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Arianne - Think about that wonderfully lyrical Sasha Abt doing that dumb Bolero. I can not forgive Zhulin for that.

Joe

I just loved watching Sasha Abt skate...but yeah, that (bolero program) was really bad (imo).

Miezekatze

Rinkside
Shanti said:
I've read it in Tarasova's interview, translation here . She was asked if she knew that Chait/Sakhnovsky were going to train with Zhulin. She answered "yes, of course" and that she had even watched their practices.

I'm sure C&S are still with Platov, but I know that after Worlds this year they never really returned to Simsbury (except for a very few days), while Platov was with Tarasova there regularily for a couple of more months (I think he left Simsbury finally at the end of June), so I'd assume that C&S worked mainly with Zhulin during the time when they were full time in New Jersey already, but Platov was still largely in Simsbury...

Tarasova's interview also sounds as if Zhulin mainly choreographed C&S' programs, with some input from her. I don't think Platov ever did the choreographies for C&S' programs. Before they moved to Tarasova with him, I think Alexander Fadeev did their choreography.

I forgot about Zhulin doing the Zhangs' programs from last year. I loved their programs, especially the LP, I thought it was different and special :) I really like rhythmical pairs programs, they don't happen to often.

Last edited: