My new Skates! And much progress.... | Golden Skate

My new Skates! And much progress....

Jshbo724

Spectator
Ok, so recently I got my new pair of skates. They're the Gam 35 elite, cause I'm starting my lessons soon, and I wanted better skates than the ones I was skating with. The ones I had were really cheap, I think $30, so not very good at all. I learned foward cross overs with them. I've been skating for about 6 months or so. So when I got to the rink with my new skates, and stepped onto the ice, it was soooo much different. So I started to skate, and got used to them. Then after a while of getting used to the feel of real figure skates, I tried to go into a scratch spin. It was completely different from what I was doing before, on the other crappy skates. I could actually rotate for as long as I wanted and actually hold my leg up! Has anyone else had this happen to them? And does anyone else use Gam skates? If so, what do you think of them? Cause I wanna decide if I should get them again, once these are worn out. They're very comfy... at least I think..... LOL

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Hi Jshbo724 and welcome to Golden Skate :)

The difference with skating on a crappy pair of skates vs a good pair of skates makes all the difference in the world, as you have found out. Enjoy those new pair of skates and keep us posted on your skating.