Anyone know where to get Torvill and Dean/Yo Yo Ma tape? | Golden Skate

Anyone know where to get Torvill and Dean/Yo Yo Ma tape?

I

icer

Anyone know where to get Torvill and Dean/Yo Yo Ma tape?

I just read the interview with Christopher Dean and remembered how much I LOVED the piece they did in collaboration with Yo Yo Ma. I also remember a tv show that followed the creative process of Chris, Jane, and Yo Yo working on the choreography and musical expression together- really fascinating.... Does anyone know where to get a copy? Thanks.

T

tdnuva

Re: Anyone know where to get Torvill and Dean/Yo Yo Ma tape?

If you do a search on the internet you might find some people who could make you a copy. I have it, but it's a copy already and I have PAL tapes, no chance to do NTSC copies.

IIRC you could order the DVD "Inspired by Bach" with parts 5+6 (6 is the Six gestures program you're talking about) regularly. My efforts to order it as a tape were not successful though.

Edited to add: There is an auction on eBay at the moment:

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3338106475&category=41564" target="_new">eBay auction of Inspired by Bach</a>

I

icer

Don't think that's the one

Now that I'm interested, I've started to do some research and thinking... the tape that's part of Inspired by Bach is not the one I'm thinking of... there was a TV show that showed them at work together, cellist and skaters, but maybe it never went to video.

I think you probably have the tape that just shows a very stylized performance, but if you do have the one that shows the work process, I'd love it if you could send me any details so I can track a copy for myself down more efficiently.

I

icer

And thank you!

Posted the last one before I was quite done. Thanks for your help!

J

jfdw

Re: And thank you!

Hi
From Kurt list and Toronto TV listings for August. On August 6, 2003 at 1:30am 2 TVO a 1 hour show Yo-Yo Ma Inspired by Bach featuring Yo Yo Ma with figure skaters Torvill and Dean. Maybe this is the show you are looking for
jfdw