Stars on Ice Dates 2005-06 (and random SOI news) | Golden Skate

Stars on Ice Dates 2005-06 (and random SOI news)

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Apparently brochures are now being sent out telling everyone who the cast is as well as what the dates are for SOI this coming year so I figured I would pass that info along to you guys. :rock:

(Copied from the S&P board....)

November 26 ~ Lake Placid
January 6 ~ Spokane, WA
January 7 ~ Portland, OR
January 8 ~ Seattle, WA
January 12 ~ Sacramento, CA
January 13 ~ San Jose, CA
January 14 ~ Anaheim, CA
January 15 ~ San Diego, CA
January 17 ~ Phoenix, AZ
January 19 ~ Denver, CO
January 21 ~ Dallas, TX
January 22 ~ Houston, TX
January 25 ~ Oklahoma City, OK
January 26 ~ Kansas City, MO
January 27 ~ Des Moines, IA
January 28 ~ St. Paul, MN
February 2 ~ Milwaukee, WI
February 3 ~ St. Louis, MO
February 4 ~ Chicago, IL

MONTH LONG BREAK FOR THE OLYMPICS (Must be nice, LOL :agree: )

March 3 ~ Orlando, FL
March 4 ~ Ft. Lauderdale, FL
March 5 ~ Tampa, FL
March 6 ~ Ft. Myers, FL
March 9 ~ Trenton, NJ
March 10 ~ Philadelphia, PA
March 11 ~ Long Island, NY
March 12 ~ Hartford, CT
March 14 ~ Providence, RI
March 16 ~ Cleveland, OH
March 17 ~ Charlotte, NC
March 18 ~ Pittsburgh, PA
March 19 ~ Columbus, OH
March 22 ~ Cincinnati, OH
March 24 ~ Grand Rapids, MI
March 25 ~ Detroit, MI
March 26 ~ Saginaw, MI
March 28 ~ Youngstown, OH
March 30 ~ Hershey, PA
March 31 ~ Buffalo, NY
April 1 ~ Rochester, NY
April 2 ~ Albany, NY
April 5 ~ Bloomington, IL
April 7 ~ Baltimore, MD
April 8 ~ Worcester, MA
April 9 ~ Bridgeport, CT
April 11 ~ Wilkes-Barre, PA
April 13 ~ Portland, ME
April 15 ~ Manchester, NH

The cast list was in there too....

Todd Eldredge
Steven Cousins :love:
Alexei Yagudin
Jennifer Robinson
Yuka Sato
Jason Dundjen
John & Kyoko
Elena & Anton
Jamie & David :love:

...and I think they will still be doing the guest star thing this year but there wasn't any info about that yet. Hope this helps anyone interested make their plans for attending shows this year!! :clap:

And in other random SOI news, over the weekend, Chris Dean and company won the Emmy for Outstanding Choreography for the A&E SOI TV special last season. Way to go guys!!! :agree:

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
wow... Jennifer Robinson is in the show??? that is neat

still I kinda wish Josee had been given that opportunity...

sorry I am in a downer mood lol

and JASON is in SOI this year??????? That is awesome!!!!!! :rock: no ice dancers though? :(

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
They're coming to a new rink that SO much closer to me, now! I used to live in the city right next to it. Whoopppeeeeeeee! *bouncy bouncy* :clap: :clap: :clap:

Chele615

Rinkside
Heather...I was going to jokingly go on about you posting stuff that I posted without crediting me like the JD board. But I decided against it ;) LOL

I don't know if they are doing guest stars this season. That seems to be the discussion as of right now. I hope that they do...but I also wouldn't be all that saddened if they didn't. I'm so excited that Jennifer Robinson is getting the opportunity to do the full US tour. I really enjoy her as a skater and as a person. So it will be great to see her!

Gawd, what an itinerary. All those trips some of them overnight running to catch flights, busses, trains, then rehearsing and then performing and then repeating the whole thing again.

How do they do this year after year? Many are fathers and mothers now and I think they have no choice.

Joe

Supposedly, Sarah Hughes is returning to school full time.

I believe Ilia is more interested in his family life and there have been rumors of him pursuing acting, but I don't know how true they are.

I don't even think the SOI forum has posted this much detailed information yet! I gotta find a 2006 calendar so I can look up Philadelphia's March 10 date, I HOPE it's a Friday!!! That's the show I'll be attending....hoping for on-ice seats 3rd year in a row!

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Ugh. No Alabama date, as usual. The good thing is though, Orlando's date is on a Friday. The bad thing is, I'll probably still be broke from Nats by then.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Heather...I was going to jokingly go on about you posting stuff that I posted without crediting me like the JD board. But I decided against it ;)

*hides* :laugh: Sorry about that and if it makes you feel better, I only copied the dates part and I typed in the cast list all by myself! The Emmy news was mine too! LOL :rofl:

Joe-They actually dropped 12 stops this year too and are only doing 48 as opposed to the 60 that they normally do every year. Its actually a shorter tour than in the past years. I gotta say that I'm confused about the mothers and fathers comment you made though because as I look at this cast, nobody in it is a parent yet!! Married? Yes, several of them are (or will be by the time the tour starts) but all the ones who drank the happy water and have kids now aren't listed up there in the cast list, LOL :laugh:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh no, I didn't find Omaha Nebraska on the list, what am I to do???? :cry: :cry: :cry: I probably won't travel anywhere to see them. They're silly if they dropped Omaha, we had a good crowd last year!!!

Did they say why they dropped some of the stops???

Jennifer Robinson, that's hard to believe.

Dee

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
From what I gather after speaking with Jamie a bit in Cape Cod last month (we went to a club show up there and spoke with her at the reception, we actually asked her about the upcoming tour), the costs of taking the show to some of the arenas that didn't have good attendence was getting pretty high, it costs more to go back to those arenas again, so they cut down on the tour stops this year. I don't think they were very happy about that but you do what you've got to do and make the best of it. It doesn't seem like every single poorly attended area got cancelled for this upcoming season, but I guess they had to look at everything and make those types of decisions this past summer. I'm sure that the Olys probably have something to do with it too because they normally take a break at that time when the winter games are going on. They have in the past few Olys seasons too. I think its safe to say that there's a lot of different things that went into the tour cutting back on its stops this year but hopefully after this year's Olys, they can go back to the full 60 cities. :rock:

((((Dee)))) Sorry your city wasn't listed on there! :no:

KwanFan1212 said:
Joe-They actually dropped 12 stops this year too and are only doing 48 as opposed to the 60 that they normally do every year. Its actually a shorter tour than in the past years. I gotta say that I'm confused about the mothers and fathers comment you made though because as I look at this cast, nobody in it is a parent yet!! Married? Yes, several of them are (or will be by the time the tour starts) but all the ones who drank the happy water and have kids now aren't listed up there in the cast list, LOL :laugh:

OK KF1212 - I'm not the best source for private lives. But it just seemed to me that there were several posts about babies and I just assumed they all came from SOI.

I presume then that the mommas and the poppas who left the company didn't need the extra salary from SOI. Could it be those holiday TV specials: Kurt, Kat, Kristi and now Sarah pay out big bucks?

I still think it is a grueling tour and the happy juice helps to get them through.

Joe

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
A lot of the SOI group who are parents did the "guest stops" after the babies were born -- Paul Wylie, Kristi Yamaguchi, Ekaterina Gordeeva, Kurt Browning, etc.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
shocked about Jennifer Robinson. I can see the appeal she has for the Canadian leg of the show, but for the US? I would have never even considered that she has the credentials/audience appeal/etc to skate as a principal in US. She must have a really good agent. Good luck to her.

Again, it's a shame that no ice dancers are part of a core cast. Maybe some of us will get lucky with a "special guest".

Glad to see Yuka and Jason skate together. I assume she will do both singles and pairs. They must be "filling in" for Jenni and Todd (who will be missed by me this season!).

Wheren't there rumers that Michael Weiss would be joining the SOI? Or could it be as a guest?

Yana

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Interesting that the MA show has been moved from Boston to Worcester - surely a cost factor. A surprising thing, though, is that SOI is not at all well advertised. I mean, sure, we know about it and all, but a lot of casual fans do not. This year, I organized a whole bunch of people to go, and they were amazed to find out that such famous skaters were actually in the area every year.

Joe, as to the crazy schedule - what about the schedule of the Russian skating tour! Talk about crazy!!! Mostly riding through the night, a couple of hours of sleep at the hotel in the morning, and then straight to rehearsals/ performances (a pretty vivid description on Alexander Abt's website -> interviews ).

Jhar55

Medalist
Great not in Nashville again :no: well no girls night out this year.
Well maybe I can get someone to take me to the one in St Louis.