Married Teen Gives Birth... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Married Teen Gives Birth...

PrincessLeppard said:
Sadly, RG, many Nebraskans agree with you. But here's the deal. To the best of my knowledge, Bruning does not have his eye on a higher office. As a Democrat, he's limited here, unfortunately. So here's this guy that authorities suspect has been with several 12 and 13 year old girls, but they can't prove it. None will testify against him. So he gets one PREGNANT. Now there's proof. I've sort of wondered if he married her to avoid prosecution. Just a thought.
Princess Leppard, I realize you were directing your post to Rgal, but since my post also contained references to polititions trying to use this situation for their own gain, I wanted to say I wouldn't ignore serious posts of yours such as these or ignore their contents. When I referred to "politicians making political hay" out of the situation, I meant plural and wasn't referring specifically to Bruning.

Speaking of people reading others' posts, my first post asked for people's comments on various possible solutions to this situation, but nobody did. But I'm used to nobody reading my posts. :laugh: Anyway, so I posted my own opinions, which are difficult to pin down because some in the media say this guy is a pedophile, though he he's never had a complaint, been charged as one, or much less been convicted, though I realize that doesn't mean he's NOT a pedophile. I mean, how many child molesting priests never had a complaint, were charged, or convicted, or if they were just got a slap on the wrist.

It's a terrible situation where experience tells us that the girl and child are the ones who will be the ones to suffer most. If the guy indeed has a low IQ, I find a difficulty there as to how to handle someone with the hormones of a 20-year-old and the judgment and impulse control of a 12-year-old or whatever. It's bad news all around.

But it's not that I didn't read your posts and with 20/20 hindsight I wish I would have noted in my post what you said about Atty Gen.Bruning's lack of political aspirations instead of leaving it in my head. I just meant that with a high-profile problem like this, especially one concerning issues such as these, that all kinds of politicians from all over might try to use it to promote their agendas and get media coverage. It's just a very complicated situation, one that may have called for a genuine Rgirl-length post. But in all seriousness, the whole mess is really bad news.

Rgirl

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Thanks, rgirl. Jon Bruning is definitely not seeking higher office...he just came out yesterday and said our parole and pardons board was too harsh, and Nebraskans (not moi, I read beyond the original comment and he's right, but most people will only hear the first part) are pretty p.o.ed. He's not going anywhere.

Anyway, what should be done? At the minimum, the guy needs counseling, possibly probabtion. If his thing really is 12 year old girls, when wifey turns 16 and realizes she made a huge mistake, what's going to keep him from chasing down another young 'un? This was not his first 12 year old girlfriend. Why do you all think a wedding will make her the last?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Not only that, but by the time she's 16 there will probably several more children!!!

JOHIO2

Medalist
Grgranny,

probably all too true. and by then, he'll have slept with how many more twelve- yr-olds?

sorry, but aren't parents at least supposed to try and protect youngsters from pedophiles and otherwise inappropriate relationships? granted, a teen can be selfish and willful and thinking with her hormones and an immature brain. but should her parents just throw their hands up and say, "okay, go for it."