Survivor Guatemala | Golden Skate

Survivor Guatemala

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone watching the show. I was a little upset that they didn't let us know that the 2 new surviviors would be eligible for the million. That messed up our pool at work. Anyhow, last night was kind of dramatic, not in a good sense. What do the rest of you think??

Dee

R.D.

Record Breaker
I also saw it last night.

I know- they said it would be back to 16 castaways! I was very surprised when Jeff said "18" people would be here. I was like, "Didn't they say 16?"

I guess what they didn't tell us is that there would be 16 new castaways, the other two being old ones.

Yes- talk about dramatic. The 11-mile hike seemed to really take a toll on all the "tough guys" in the (I forgot the name already) tribe- it's the people with the yellow flag living in the "good" camp. (ETA: Isn't it Nakum or something?) That was another surprising thing to see. Even Bobby Jon barely got by...

Isn't that something- the two "ex-castaways" are back in the game all over again! This was a very clever move by the producers. They are supposedly there for "their experience" and to "help them". But here's the big dilemma- do you keep them around for help (and then risk them becoming a threat later on) or do you pick them off and "rough it" so to speak?

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Red Dog, we have a pool at work, whereby 16 people pick one of the Survivors. I couldn't find out before the show whether the 2 new people would be playing the game so we only made our pool for 16, I was really mad about that.

Anyhow, we talked whether to add 2 more but after a long discussion, it seems there could be a situation of double eviction because of how many would be in the game and the time frame. Remember last year, two were sent home the first night.

They have a mistake on their website, having Bobby Jon on the wrong tribe. Maybe that's the twist, the new people will be switching tribes. Who knows!!!

Dee

I didn't read the posts above this reply....I'm a Survivor fan but I taped it because I was watching baseball. Can't wait to watch the tape. (we taped a bunch of stuff this week and will watch it all Saturday evening--Big Brother, Survivor and Rockstar INXS)

I wonder if the returning Survivors will be Rob & Amber??? I also thought possibly Richard Hatch or Rupert could be one of the re-turnees.

Okay, I see now in not reading the original posts here and watching our tape of the premier of Survivor Guatemala, that the past Survivors brought back were Stephanie and Bobby John.
It was a very intense first episode. I couldn't believe how poorly the guys did in holding up. Did you see Bobby John's feet when they took his shoes off???? YULK! How they were able to even compete at all in the immunity challenge is beyond me! Thankfully they had a nurse practitioner on their tribe who knew the best thing to do for them. Bobby John is on the Nakum tribe; Stephanie is one one that is pronounced "Yasha" I think, but it isn't spelled that way.
It always takes me a few weeks to get the players and tribes straight and figure out who I like and dislike. Altho I have to say I like both Bobby John and Stephanie, so it kinda stinks they are on opposite tribes. I don't think Bobby John will remain on his tribe too long if he doesn't snap back from the dehydration problems he's had. As for "Yasha", I think they'd be smart to keep Stephanie for a little while, but it's probably almost certain they'll get rid of her at some point because they don't want a winner to win again.

Jhar55

Medalist
I am also watching, CBS did say that there wouldn't be 1 twist but 2 twist this season. One was two popular past players, just happy that it wasn't Rob and Amber sorry but I don't care for them. We don't have a pool at work it's against the policies, an idea for those who had a 16 player pool just don't count Bobby John and Stephanie, I'll be surprised if they make it to the end only because the new players might want to vote them off because they are returning players. And Bobby John is sick might hold him back a little. So far I really like the nurse they better keep her around even if it's for the tribe injuries.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Whoever organized y'all's work pools on this should have waited till after the first episode was aired -- it seemed pretty clear to me by the commercials that two past players were going to actually BROUGHT BACK INTO THE GAME so perhaps someone should have held off till they were able to get full info. I knew it was going to be a man and a woman, and I was correct in guessing the woman was going to be Stephenie, which is awesome IMO because I love her. As to Bobby Jon, I'm sorry, I just don't get it. I could think of a few more men from past Survivors who would have been a better choice or at least just as good of one. Brady, from two editions ago, would have been an excellent choice. (Maybe they should have brought back Wanda and that really hot dude who didn't get picked for the teams at the start of the last one!!) Or bringing Jonny Fairplay back would have been rather amusing, tho I'm not sure how much of HIM I would be able to put up with again; he was more than enough the first time.

I'm still trying to get a feel for this one myself, but I will say this -- Margaret, the nurse-practionier, by all indications, is going to be busier than a one-armed paper hanger; that team is lucky to have her and it's going to put her in excellent stead in the long run, I think. This DEATH MATCH 2005 routine simply must stop; they had some brutal challenges in the last one and this one is supposed to be even more brutal and I really don't think that's necessary. At this rate, it's only a matter of time before someone ends up being suspended over a vat of acid or being boiled alive in a giant cauldron by cannibal natives or something.

Jhar55

Medalist
Well I really don't see how CBS gets by not giving them water when it's very clear that these people were very sick due to lack of water. The worst I ever saw someone get hurt was an accident when that guy fell in the fire. But is there any prevention to keep them from getting snake bit or attacked by some wild animal?
When the first Surivor came on I wouldn't watch because the people were eating rats and they kept showing snakes.
As for Johnny Fairplay he's on Kill Reality on VH1, and got kick off the other day for crapping on Trish's bed. :frown:

R.D.

Record Breaker
As for Johnny Fairplay he's on Kill Reality on VH1, and got kick off the other day for crapping on Trish's bed.

Do you mean this in the LITERAL sense :)eek: :laugh: ) or figuratively? (I don't watch this show nor have I heard of it so I can't know for sure.)

Jhar55

Medalist
Yes, literaly. Normaly I don't watch the show either but catch it when nothing else is on or flipping channels.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
JonnyCoop said:
Whoever organized y'all's work pools on this should have waited till after the first episode was aired -- it seemed pretty clear to me by the commercials that two past players were going to actually BROUGHT BACK INTO THE GAME so perhaps someone should have held off till they were able to get full info
JonnyCoop, what we normally do is pay the first person voted out so we had to start when the show started. There was a press release about 1-2 weeks prior to the show that Stephanie and Bobby Jon were coming back but I couldn't find out if they were going to particate or do something else.
We don't have a pool at work it's against the policies
It's against our policy too but we call it the Survivor game. It's just words but it involves 16 people who take on the persona of the real survivors. We have lunches and talk about the game, talk about who we like and then try to think strategy. We all gather and watch the finale together. It's a lot of fun. We have not gotten into trouble over it but if it happens we can always say we're sorry. My philosophy is it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bobby Jon is not fairing too well in the game. I do think he has been motivation to the other big guys. Good for Lydia, I really think she saved herself from eviction. When are these people going to learn that you become a target by being lazy?

Dee

I just can't believe how brutal this season is and it's only week 2!!! I was glad Lydia spoke up for herself the way she did and it worked. I agree with Dee4707, when will people learn you can't be lazy in camp on Survivor!

R.D.

Record Breaker
I missed episode 2...:mad:

can someone either recap it for me or link me to a site that has a comprehensive recap? Thanks very much in advance...

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I missed it, too, but usually Survivor doesn't really kick into gear until about Episode 4 or 5 (IMO), so I'm willing to wait for "Last Time on Survivor" next week, mainly because except for Margaret and Judd, I could not tell you the name of a single one of those people at this point so I'd just be confused.

Entertainment Weekly's site used to have recaps of the previous night's episode every Friday morning; recaps with some often hysterical commentary, but they don't seem to be doing it with this edition; this is the 2nd week in a row with no recap; the only mention of Guatemala was a short blurb about Stephenie and Bobby Jon coming back into it, and I think that was before the show premiered this time around. In the event that they revive it at some point, the site is www.ew.com/survivor

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Morgan, the magician's asst was voted off the X tribe...the one with the funny name. She was deemed as not pulling her weight in camp. Hogeboom was "outed" by the female sports announcer on the the other tribe in front of everyone. He's denied it. I think the immunity challenge was the tug of war event in the mud which Judd, basically, won for his team. You might learn more over at "Survivor Sucks" site.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Gee -- a former NFL quarterback trying to go incognito, and a sports announcer, both on the same edition. An amazing coincidence? I rather think not. Those crafty devils..... :laugh: :laugh:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Red Dog said:
I missed episode 2...:mad:

can someone either recap it for me or link me to a site that has a comprehensive recap? Thanks very much in advance...
Red Dog, I've been gone for a few days, did you get the updates???

Dee