Michael Weiss Foundation Honors Don Laws | Golden Skate

Michael Weiss Foundation Honors Don Laws

This was quite a successful affair. they raised over $25,000 for skatiung scholarships.

Does anyone know what the event actually consisted of? Was it like a big $100 a plate dinner sort of thing? A skating exhibition?

Congratulations to Don Laws -- a well deserving recipient.

Mathman

childfreegirl

Final Flight
If it's the same thing that they had the link about on the GS home page, there was an ebay auction and a skating show on the 17th.

That was an outstanding report, Gail. Thanks so much for the post. You got to meet Megan!!! :rock:

I loved the part about mistaking Peter Tchernyshev for John Zimmerman. They do look a lot alike. So, are Naomi and Peter really back together, or was this just a one-shot deal.

How old are Michael's kids? Do you think they have potential?

Mathman :)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you, Mathman. I think Annie Mae is about 7 years old. I believe she was born in the fall of 1998. Christopher looks about 5. I don't know if Annie Mae will want to skate competitively or just recreationally, but she looked like she was having lots of fun on the ice. Christopher was wearing hockey skates, so I wonder if he's more interested in ice hockey than figure skating.

I hope Naomi & Peter are back together for good, but I don't know if they plan to compete. Perhaps they will continue to do show skating. I really don't know, but it was great to see them together again.

Rita (aka tvcats) was kind enough to host our digital pics from after the show (We haven't finished our roll of film from the "traditional" camera yet). You'll see Megan, Rena & John, and Peter (sorry the Peter pics came out a little dark). Here's the link:

http://usera.imagecave.com/Rita/GailPhotos/

There was a couple who had VIP seats and attended the VIP reception after the show. They posted a report with commentary, pics, and autographs. Here's that link:

http://www.dholli.com/photosmwf.htm

Enjoy! :party:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for hosting the pics, Kathie! We're waiting for one more batch - from the "traditional" camera. I hope we can finish that roll soon, perhaps at this weekend's Skate America. I hope we have a few more really good pics to share! :love: