Am I too old for figure skating? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Am I too old for figure skating?

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
sk8er1964 said:
Me too :clap: .

(One that can do axels and doubles, I might add
Indeed she can - I've seen her! And count me in among the elderly ones - I was in my 40s when I started skating, and am now a competitive ice-dancer (against others in their 50s at the most elementary level, but even still) - we had our first first-place ordinal at the recent British Adult Championships, to my intense joy!

So you see, even us wrinklies can still enjoy skating!

Oh, and I've recently lost over 50 lbs, too, so you see, it can be done!

sk8er1964

On the Ice
Mrs Redboots said:
Indeed she can - I've seen her! And count me in among the elderly ones - I was in my 40s when I started skating, and am now a competitive ice-dancer (against others in their 50s at the most elementary level, but even still) - we had our first first-place ordinal at the recent British Adult Championships, to my intense joy!

I didn't realize about the British Champs! Wow - congrats! :biggrin: (I haven't been keeping up too well lately :frown: )

Skate@Delaware

On the Ice
Mrs Redboots said:

Congrats, Annabel!!! Do we have pictures yet?????:love:

(ps-love your scale/ticker thingy)

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
Skate@Delaware said:
Congrats, Annabel!!! Do we have pictures yet?????:love:

(ps-love your scale/ticker thingy)
Unfortunately, they didn't have an official photographer at either the Scottish Adults or the British championships. Although one of the skaters was drawn in to take photos of the podiums of the Scottish Adults, and our podium ended up as the "flash" on the masthead of NISA's official organ, called Ice Link. Eventually, it will be on the NISA web-page, but the most recent issue posted is the June 2005 one, and there have been two since, so I'm not looking for it until after Christmas.

leighgirl

Spectator
Never too old to skate. I am 35 & got my first lesson in 2001

I am no pro but, I love to skate. I have only had lessons on it for a year and that was awhile back. I always skated and taught myself but never touched any kind of skates in a rink until I was 13 yrs. Then it was just for some fun on weekends at times. However If you look on my site you will see a clutz trying some moves grin. I have a link for skate clips. Those were done after only about a yr of lessons. I have always worked many hours and never had money or time for things of skating but, I was lucky the right coach found me and taught me weekly for that year. Anyway as you will see I am not the best but, I loved it. If you skate because you love it then you can not lose in that situation. OMG your only 15yrs and wonder if it is too old to start. I would think if you love it and do it then it is that your never too old. If you have the chance to do something you love and someone that wants to teach you at it then be sure to, Hold the moments in life tight and enjoy them all. One day they slip by so fast. Good luck. Sorry had to stick my words in.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Are you a ice skater or a roller skater? I'm just asking because this is a figure skating forum.