VCR Alert Gran Gala Lancia Ice, Turin | Page 2 | Golden Skate

VCR Alert Gran Gala Lancia Ice, Turin

Jaana said:
Thanks for the video clips! I agree that Caroline has improved. Actually I would say that she has improved a lot, everything looked really flowing. Also I noticed that Stephane has improved in his presentation, which of course already earlier was good. Also I liked the way he went into the jumps and executed them. He kind of looked really confident. His spins have always been fantastic.
Very happy with these reports!!! Carolina has improved.

I've been saying for years that skaters improve when they train well and we should wait and see them skate the next time out. (GPs in this case.) Yet others base all their comments on the last time a skater skated. They refuse to believe improvements can happen or discern a bad hair day.

I've also been talking about Stephane for years before the Worlds that he was special. Although he usually placed 4th, he skated extraordinary well with injured knees for years. The surgeries worked.

Euros will be something to see, but it's expensive to go there from the US.

Joe

Sk8swan

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
Very happy with these reports!!! Carolina has improved.

I've been saying for years that skaters improve when they train well and we should wait and see them skate the next time out. (GPs in this case.) Yet others base all their comments on the last time a skater skated. They refuse to believe improvements can happen or discern a bad hair day.

It might be Caro won't show her best in the GPs though. There was an article last week on an Italian newspaper quoting her coach saying she's still growning and we shouldn't expect much from the GPs and the qualification for the GPF isn't a major goal. They're working so that she can pick for the Olympics. This is not much of a surprise as Caro never picked in early season. My thought is Italian Nationals will be a major test to see how she reacts to the pressure. As I said I saw a different attitude in her Saturday night so hopefully this is a good sign for the future :)