Beautiful Skating Costumes

S

SkateFan4Life

And I really, really liked the bolero jacket look for the guys! :thumbsup:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't have links to pictures of many beautiful costumes, but I would say that for the most part I love Kristi's, Yuka's, Fumie's, and Caryn Kadavy's. Does anyone have a link to Fumie's "The Planets" (Jupiter?) costume? I think it was a dark blue costume?

As for the men, I love most of Todd's costumes (OK, a little bias here :rofl: ) particularly his "First Knight" costumes (from 1996 Worlds and 1998 Worlds - which he also used for "Il Mare Calmo Della Sera") and the one he wore for "Independence Day" and "The Glory." Simple, understated elegance is my rule of thumb, I guess. I don't mind if a costume is a little more ornate, as long as it fits the program. Other costumes I liked on the men were Brian Joubert's "Matrix," Alexei's "Lawrence of Arabia," Timmy's "An American in Paris," most of Paul Wylie's & Brian O.'s, & Stephane Lambiel's free skate costume from 2005 Worlds.

Last edited:

nicole_l

Final Flight
Does anyone have a link to Fumie's "The Planets" (Jupiter?) costume? I think it was a dark blue costume?
I just downloaded Jupter a couple of weeks ago! (It was a Free Music Tuesday on iTunes track.) Fumie skated to it? When?
:clap:

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
Fumie's costume

iluvtodd said:
I don't have links to pictures of many beautiful costumes, but I would say that for the most part I love Kristi's, Yuka's, Fumie's, and Caryn Kadavy's. Does anyone have a link to Fumie's "The Planets" (Jupiter?) costume? I think it was a dark blue costume?

I hope this link works, since I'm stealing it LOL

http://www.toeloopy.com/images/events2000-2001/WorldsVan/LadiesFree/fs01w1434.jpg

http://www.icesk8r.com/2001worlds/ladies/suguri-qr1.jpg

Of course...totally off topic, but I think this strange photo of hers looks beautiful

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.co...11104233343.photo00.photo.default-380x316.jpg

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you, thisthingcalledlove! That's the Fumie costume I meant! :clap:

That last pic is unique! :agree:

S

SkateFan4Life

Nicole Bobek's stunning gold dress for her 1995 "Dr. Zhivago" long program.

I still like the bolero-jacket look for the men. To me, it's a simple, classic, and classy fashion statement.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
IMO Sasha's black and white Swan Lake costume is one of the most brilliantly designed costumes of all times....perfection.

S

SkateFan4Life

I really liked Linda Fratianne's competitive dresses. She was one of the first skaters to wear heavily beaded dresses, and she often wore oufits with "petal" skirts. While her outfits were considered flashy for that era (1976-1980), I thought they were always tasteful and looked stunning on Linda.