Brian Joubert 'white album' pix | Golden Skate

Brian Joubert 'white album' pix

Zanzibar

Final Flight
For those of you interested in France's Brian Joubert, here are some photos I took of him dressed in white for International Figure Skating (IFS) magazine, which are now up on their website.

Link to the site:

http://www.ifsmagazine.com/archive/photo/2005/joubert.html

Now that Brian has debuted his new 007 costume, I can see he needs to be photographed in black next time ;)

Last edited:

soogar

Record Breaker
Brian is looking very handsome and fit. I'd better revise my men's podium picks :p

Valka

Spectator
Man in white, agent 007: Joubert... Brian Joubert :cool: lol ;)

Thanks for the pictures, they're great! :rock:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Thanks for the awesome photos! I´d imagine that it is easier for a photographer to get great looking photos from skaters that have natural good looks like e.g. Joubert has. .

He's a good looking masculine figure skater and I doubt one could find a photo that did not do him justice. He's photogenic. If anyone is going to be an actor, I can see Brian doing one of those avant guade French films. Maybe with Jeanne Moreau as a crazed mother. I want to see that movie.

Joe

Crizzy

Rinkside
Yum yum, I love me some French Fries :love: :rock:

He looks like a delicious French Vanilla Milkshake. Sluurrrp, Sluurrp.

luvsasha

Final Flight
awww...he's soo cuute!!! lol.

kinda OT, but does anyone else remember during, i think it was Europeans, and Peter or Terry says before brian skates he and some girl had broken up and herrrre's the part i think is funny..for those of you who follow such things, you probably already knew that. I totally don't follow those kinda things. :rofl: okay, sorry for the random topic.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I typically avoid these male gush "ooh, ahh" threads as if they were infected with AIDS.

But anyhow, I just wanted to jump in and ask this question: Are you (Zanzibar) the photographer for the website? Or did you just do this specific photoshoot, and IFS asked you for permission to use the photos on their website? I really would like to know. Thanks.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Check out the whole gallery (MM) by changing the number if you haven't already- there are some really good ones in there that I've never seen before! Thanks a lot!

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Red Dog said:
...I just wanted to jump in and ask this question: Are you (Zanzibar) the photographer for the website? Or did you just do this specific photoshoot, and IFS asked you for permission to use the photos on their website? I really would like to know. Thanks.

Hi Red Dog:
IFS doesn't have a photographer assigned to the website. During the changeover from previous to current IFS management staff, the website languished and got out of date. It was suggested that they start putting up off-ice photo shoots again on the site and we started last month with Alexei and now this month Brian - hopefully it's a trend that will continue as fans tend to get bombarded with on-ice photos once the season gets going, but it's also fun to see a bit of the 'off-ice' persona of the skaters.

Hello Mathman:
Have to agree - Ms. Witt, as always, looks stunning! :rock:

Hey there Joesitz:
Oh yea! Brian would make one helluva movie star - he really has those 'chiseled features' good-looks that will only get better as the years go by. :thumbsup:

AND....anyone interested in Brian's skating should check out how he fared at the weekend's French Masters event. :)

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
IFS doesn't have a photographer assigned to the website. During the changeover from previous to current IFS management staff, the website languished and got out of date. It was suggested that they start putting up off-ice photo shoots again on the site and we started last month with Alexei and now this month Brian - hopefully it's a trend that will continue as fans tend to get bombarded with on-ice photos once the season gets going, but it's also fun to see a bit of the 'off-ice' persona of the skaters.

Thanks a lot. Keep up the good work. And I agree- it is good to see off-ice shots of some of the skaters.

So...are there several photographers that do this type of stuff, or what? How does the picture-taking work, exactly?