December Marshall's Event? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

December Marshall's Event?

R.D.

Record Breaker
But here's my problem, Joe. Not only does Michelle have to beat Shizuka and Sasha on Saturday, she has to get more points than Irina got in the Japanese thing last week!

Ah-ha. You said something very revealing here. This judging system is much more mainstream than 6.0, so assuming the judges aren't under the influence of something, you should be able to compare scores across the board (with some margin of error I guess to compensate for different judges being used).

But alas, Kwan no longer has this opportunity.

Kwan really doesn't have to beat anyone until the Olys. But with the recent news and no international feedback, it will be as it was last year. It's really sad that this injury happened but let's check out COC. JMO.

Joe

Alissa Czisny is making a career out of being available to step in when one of the stars has to withdraw. I hope she skates great at Campbells and gives the other ladies a run for their money.

MM

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Alissa Czisny is making a career out of being available to step in when one of the stars has to withdraw. I hope she skates great at Campbells and gives the other ladies a run for their money.

MM

ITA MM. I really love her presence on the ice. I hope she can pull those jumps together, and show everyone that she BELONGS there. And start getting first round invites next year!! I'm really pulling for her to do well, along with the rest of the ladies.

DG

Alissa is a lovely skater. I saw her in Atlanta and again in Portland plus Skate America. She is in that grouping (need I name them) of first rate skaters that just don't do well under pressure unless it's that once in every three years.

I'd love to see her get out of that mold. Maybe in Saint Paul.

Joe

Lucy25

Final Flight
According to information replied to me on the USFSA board, this event will take place in Boston :frown: on December 11th.

nicole_l

Final Flight
Lucy25 said:
According to information replied to me on the USFSA board, this event will take place in Boston :frown: on December 11th.
I will actually be home then! I wonder if I can get someone to buy me tickets for it...
:rock: