Dad is (finally) heading down to Texas -- Hurricane Relief | Golden Skate

Dad is (finally) heading down to Texas -- Hurricane Relief

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Dad is heading down to Texas for two weeks to help with the Hurricane relief. He will either be in Waco or Marlin... helping the medical peoples there I guess. He leaves Friday... Keep him and everyone down there in your prayers... he'll be back on the 28th

I'm sure your Dad will be a great help to people, Toni. Will pray for his safety.
A friend of mine went to Biloxi to help with animal rescue for 6 days. The pictures she took are amazing. She also brought home 3 kittens to give them a new home!(brings her total to 9...but they've got money out the wazoo so can aford it!;) )

JOHIO2

Medalist
Toni,

I'm sure Dad will find lots of ways to help in Texas right now. Evacuees have pre-existing health problems as well as any new problems. And of course, alot of stress sure isn't good for anyone. It will be awhile before he and others are not needed.

My son is back at school at Ohio State. The "mission" for hurricane relief turned out to be a "volunteer" mission. He didn't volunteer. Can't say I blame him. He was willing to go for the first three weeks of September, but OSU started fall quarter after that. A year in Iraq and away from school hasn't added up to any real progress toward his degree, even though some of Uncle Sam's job training and certification does translate into college credit. Although he might wish he wasn't taking the math course he's taking this quarter!

PS - are you sure it's a cold and meds and not volcanos messing up your head?
After all, those Alaskan volcanos have been busy rumbling and you are the only person I can think of who is actually allergic.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
JOHIO2 said:
PS - are you sure it's a cold and meds and not volcanos messing up your head?
After all, those Alaskan volcanos have been busy rumbling and you are the only person I can think of who is actually allergic.

Volcanos rumbling aren't anything new... and as long as ash doesn't fall I'm fine lol

I haven't heard any big news reports on it so my guess is other news peoples elsewhere don't understand that until one blows we ain't gonna worry (kinda like down south. they know the possibility of hurricanes but that doesn't stop them from living)

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I don't know your Dad, but I sure am proud of him. You're blessed to have him. I'll be praying. :)

Johio, you make Alaska sound scary, lol!:laugh: