Painful Breakups Lead to New Beginnings for Silverstein and O'Meara | Golden Skate

Painful Breakups Lead to New Beginnings for Silverstein and O'Meara

bdreampixie

On the Ice
thanks for the article! I really can't wait to see them. It sounds like they're doing well together.

Ryan looks so handsome in that picture:love:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Silverstein and O'Meara did very, very well in Lake Placid this summer. They won the free dance competition ahead of Galler-Rabinowitz and Mitchell, one of the CD's and came in second in the OD to G/R-M, AFAIR. There are video clips available of their FD and OD performances over at fsvids if anyone is interested in seeing them.

US Nationals are going to be really, really interesting with a lot of very good teams vying for that third (and if Tanith fails to get her citizenship), second berth to Olympics. I think Silverstein and O'Meara definitely have a chance.

She still has a great on-ice personality and can twizzle like crazy.

I enjoyed Silverstein/Pekerak the few times I saw them during my early years of being a skating fan (which didn't start til 1994). I wondered if either of them would come back to skating. I'll be looking forward to seeing Jamie on ice again!
Thanks for the article!

Silverstein's original breakup was disheartening. O'Meara's breakup was also disheartening. But they somehow got together and it seems to work.

While I still think Galler-R/Michell are a good team, I have this gut feeling that S&O are the wave of the future.

Joe

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
It's always sad when a skater doesn't get the chance to live up to his or her potential. I am glad that after all these years, Jaime will get that chance. I expect to see them on the podium at Nats this year and at Skate America as well. Since this is a new partnership, there is a lot of room for improvement.

S

SkateFan4Life

This sounds like a wonderful team! All the best to them!!!

Dyan

On the Ice
I predict that S&O'M will win one of the three Olympic/Worlds spots at Nationals but still not too sure about them making the podium at Skate America. Not with B&A and D&S's (France & Russia) present as well as Wing & Lowe. I do predict a top five finish though.

Of course if anyone is capable of creating an "upset" it would be Jaime and Ryan. I've always loved Jaime's expression and tremendous skating skills. The same goes for Ryan; I know that some have an issue with him not being expressive enough but I feel his understated persona is the perfect complement to Jaime. I love both their OD and FD.

sk8addict

On the Ice
I agree!!!!

DORISPULASKI said:
Silverstein and O'Meara did very, very well in Lake Placid this summer. They won the free dance competition ahead of Galler-Rabinowitz and Mitchell, one of the CD's and came in second in the OD to G/R-M, AFAIR. There are video clips available of their FD and OD performances over at fsvids if anyone is interested in seeing them.

US Nationals are going to be really, really interesting with a lot of very good teams vying for that third (and if Tanith fails to get her citizenship), second berth to Olympics. I think Silverstein and O'Meara definitely have a chance.

She still has a great on-ice personality and can twizzle like crazy.
This is going one of the best dance competitions in US history. Silverstein & Stigler!! I'll have no voice left.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
sk8addict said:
This is going one of the best dance competitions in US history. Silverstein & Stigler!! I'll have no voice left.
I can't wait to see the two of them going at it! I only hope that Stiegler comes out on top.

Dyan

On the Ice
I'm going to have to invest in some tranquilizers; I love both teams so don't know who I want to come out ahead. I'd love to see S&M and S&O'M make the Olympic team but G&P have one spot locked up and then there's G/R&M....

What are the odds that both teams will finish in the top three (four?)