Who are Your 3 Mens picks for American National's | Golden Skate

Who are Your 3 Mens picks for American National's

Pick the Men you hope will make the top 3 at American Nationals

• Total voters

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Who are you hoping will win the top three spots at American Nationals, so they can go on to compete for the U.S. at the Olympics? :)

nicole_l

Final Flight
Weir, Lysacek, Savoie. I'm a fan of US men's skating in general, at least from what I'm able to see on TV. Ryan Bradley placing in the top 6 would be awesome, please.

emma

Record Breaker
This is too hard....i think i have to wait to vote. For sure I would pick Weir...I think I would pick Weiss for similiar reasons to why I picked Corwin in another thread (basically, been in there for a while, did a good job, deserves respect for his contribution to the sport); It's hard to not pick Goeble given he did get bronze last time...guy deserves another shot, no? But then, what about Savoie, or our world bronze medalist, or janhke....and it would be dreamy for me to watch Rohene Ward at the olympics...I can't pick yet.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Johnny, Evan, Michael. I'm afraid I just don't have enough faith in Tim, and that new costume -- :scratch:

Vash01

Medalist
I picked Johnny Weir, Tim Goebel, and Matt Savoie.

I also like Evan but I think he will make the team. I would like to see Matt Savoie make it to the Olympics.

Tim has been through a lot and it will be nice to see him get his quads back and medal at the Olympics again.

Johnny Weir- Absolutely.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I chose four because I want Evan, Tim, and then either Matt or Mike (meaning I will be sad if one of them doesn't make it, but if the other takes that spot I won't mind... it's a no win situation for me)

Yes I know Johnny is almost sure to make it... but this is what I want, not what I think will happen....

the mens event at nationals is just going to have me freaking out that's all there is to it...

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I would love it to be Jahnke, Savoie, and Goebel. Tim has been through alot in the last couple of years, and it would be nice to see him end up a great career on a high note, going to his 2nd Olympics. Savoie has always been underapreciated in U.S skating, and it would be nice to see some payback with a trip to the Olympics. Jahnke has had a couple of small breakthroughs, and it would be a nice climax to his career to go to an Olympics as well.

In reality though it would probably take an injury for Weir or Lysacek not to make the team. The 3rd spot could go to alot of people. Anybody but Weiss who in no way, shape, or form, deserved his bogus 2002 spot on the Olympic team :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: , is fine with me.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I know it! I think it's pretty fair to say, after all the Olys' he been to, that , Michael Weiss isn't a contender for an Olympic medal. Makes me want to knock the door down of whoever keeps pushing him onto the national's podium every four years.

Johnny, Matt and Evan get my "votes".
I like Ryan Jahnke also, and I think I remember seeing Scott Smith and enjoying him, but he's a "lesser known" to me so I'm not sure how he is overall.
I think Mike needs to move on to pro.....and Tim, I don't know, his heart doesn't seem to be in what he's doing on the ice anymore...he's been looking burnt out and/or washed up to me.:no:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Johnny, Evan & Scott Smith. Scott's been landing his quad in competitions lately & we need someone with a consistent quad on that team. He's a nice kid with a pleasant style too. ( I would love to see Ryan Bradley have a fabulous Nationals, Olympics & Worlds.) Personally, I think that Tim has lost "it" & Weiss is iffy because of his age. Savoie & Jahnke just have never made the most of their past opportunities & if they make the team would probably place in the 12-15 area at the Olympics/Worlds.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Eeeek! This is a tough one. Here are my picks (if not realistic, probably more sentimental.......but that is me!):

Johnny Weir: IMO, he is undeniably the most well-rounded U.S. male skater. He also has the potential to challenge the top names in the world........if he can get it all together!

Evan Lysacek: He is young and relatively inexperienced, but he certainly stepped up to the plate at Worlds last year. He has a lot of potential, and I think that, if he skates well, he more than deserves an Olympic berth.

Timothy Goebel: Okay, I know! He has had a rough year and things don't look good, but Timothy will always be one of my sentimental favorites. He seems to me to have a heart of gold, which perhaps is part of his problem. He wears his heart on his sleeve. I'm going to take the optimistic view and hope that this will enable him to end his career on a stellar note....I want to see him give it everything he has and go out with a bang!

As for Weiss, Jahnke, and Savoie....I really enjoy them all too! So, I guess I'll be happy with whoever goes to Turino as long as they earn their spot on the ice at Nationals.

sk8addict

On the Ice
Mw?

Glad to see by the percentages that most of us have finally realized that Michael should have gone pro several years ago! Can't believe USFSA keeps giving him international assignments when he couldn't even make the podium at Nationals last year. Don't you think it would be better for US male skating if some of the younger men got some international experience? Wake up & smell the COP!!

Tenorguy

On the Ice
I'm hoping for Johnny, Evan and Matt.

Johnny is our most talented man, and Even needs the experience to propel him to the OLYs. I thought Matt's short this season is really wonderful and I wish him the best. Maybe a change to the LP costume? Matt really did pull off the shepherd abiding in his field look.

Tenorguy

shine

Record Breaker
Matt Savoie, Matt Savoie, and Matt Savoie. :love:

Okay, maybe Ryan Jahnke as well.