Pick the Ladies you hope will make the top 3 at American Nationals | Golden Skate

Pick the Ladies you hope will make the top 3 at American Nationals

Pick the Ladies you hope will make the top 3 at American Nationals

• Total voters

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Which Ladies skaters, do you want to win the top three spots at National's, so that they can go to the Olympics in Italy. :)

R.D.

Record Breaker
Kwan, Cohen, Meissner. In that order.

EDIT: OOPS...I didn't read the thread title carefully enough- I thought it meant pick the three you EXPECT to see win Nats. Oh well. The above is my expectation, not my hope. My bad.

R.D.

Record Breaker
All right, here are my HOPES. Notice they are similar to my expectations. I would send Meissner, Liang, and Cohen. (No particular order here.) I wish I could squeeze in Emily somehow...(I suppose she could replace Liang if needs be)

emma

Record Breaker
I put Kwan (cuz i can't help myself and want one more Kawndrous olympic journey ;) )Cohen because I told all my friends she was the 'dark horse' for 2002 and if she didn't grab gold was gonna grab silver (and so, I have to redeem myself, and really love watching her skate, so, as we already know, I'm selfish); and Corwin because she has just been a real hard working, consistent, some other good word skater and I would love for her to have this opportunity to round out her amateur days.

Then I want Liang, Meissner, and Ciznny, and probably 3-4 for 2010...anyway to get more than three berths?

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Interesting that in this poll Bebe is getting more votes than Kimmie (from me included).

R.D.

Record Breaker
Ptichka said:
Interesting that in this poll Bebe is getting more votes than Kimmie (from me included).

I think there is a consensus that "Bebe" is underrated and Kimmie is getting all the preOly hype. I personally wouldn't mind her going to the Olys over Kimmie, IF SHE SKATES WELL ENOUGH TO GO.

Vash01

Medalist
Joesitz said:
Good Poll!!!

the Key Word is HOPE.

Joe

I missed that little detail when I read the question and thought it meant 'think' , so I voted for Michelle, Sasha, Kimmie.

If I were to 'hope', would pick Bebe Liang in place of Kimmie. Nothing against Kimmie, but I feel Bebe is more of a complete package right now (and ignored by the media and the USFSA).

nicole_l

Final Flight
I think that if Bebe skated a clean program she'd do very well, but she makes little mistakes here and there.

Vash01

Medalist
nicole_l said:
I think that if Bebe skated a clean program she'd do very well, but she makes little mistakes here and there.

I agree.She needs to skate clean to beat Kimmie, who is always very consistent with her jumps.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
without Angela and Jenny I really am not sure... I like Katy and Kimmie... but i dunno

my little brother would vote for Sasha lol

Cal Girl

Rinkside
Sasha, Alyssa and Michelle. Bebe would be my 4th and Emily would be at the bottom. OMG did you see her skate at Campbells and Skate America. What a disgrace that USFS would promote her as an Oly hopeful and not Alyssa! Kimmie - she has no polish whatsoever and a cheated 3A - definitely another bad choice let's see if she does anything this year or not.