TT named official consultant | Golden Skate

TT named official consultant

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
http://sports.ru/today/other/news/154050400000029592.html

Tatiana Tarasova has become a coaching consultant

Executive Committee of the Russian Federation of Figure Skating has named the reknowned russian coach Tatiana Tarasova the coaching consultant of the federation. Federation president Valentin Piseev has meade the announcement. He noticed the Tarasova's responsibilities will include giving practical help to athletes and coaches of children's sports schools. The agreement was reached after a chat between the president and Tatiana Tarasova, who has finally returned to Russian and plans to concentrate on working with Russian skaters.

millie

Medalist
Does this mean that she won't be able to spend summer's at MK's? Or can she do both? I remember in a post awhile back that she was planning on spending her summers in the U.S. Will she still be allowed to do choreography for skaters outside of Russia? What does all this mean for the skaters that she is working with now? Thanks.

brad640

On the Ice
She said in interviews that she really hoped the Russian fed would make her a good job offer so she could live in Russia and work in skating. I hope she is pleased.

Excidra2001

On the Ice
Ptichka said:
http://sports.ru/today/other/news/154050400000029592.html

Tatiana Tarasova has become a coaching consultant

Executive Committee of the Russian Federation of Figure Skating has named the reknowned russian coach Tatiana Tarasova the coaching consultant of the federation. Federation president Valentin Piseev has meade the announcement. He noticed the Tarasova's responsibilities will include giving practical help to athletes and coaches of children's sports schools. The agreement was reached after a chat between the president and Tatiana Tarasova, who has finally returned to Russian and plans to concentrate on working with Russian skaters.

Does this mean that Russian skaters won't have to pay Mrs Tarasova for her services but rather is handled by the federation? If thats the case, wow, a lot of Russian skaters will be flocking to her now, knowing they won't have to reach far into their pocket to receive her services.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Congratulations to Tatiana! She was planning to go home and get healthy around 8 years ago. It's been a long wait, but I'm sure she thinks it was worth it. :yes:

bdreampixie

On the Ice
Excidra2001 said:
Does this mean that Russian skaters won't have to pay Mrs Tarasova for her services but rather is handled by the federation? If thats the case, wow, a lot of Russian skaters will be flocking to her now, knowing they won't have to reach far into their pocket to receive her services.

I hope that's the case. I remember reading an interview with Ilia Klimkin in which he mentioned wanting to work with TT, but not having the money. I hope he gets to work with her.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I didn't know Ilia Klimkin said that. Now, he has just as must advantage as anyone else who wants Tatiana to coach 'em. :) :thumbsup:

Julie O

Rinkside
I think it's pretty significant that TT and VP actually are speaking to each other, never mind that they have a working arrangement and contract. :yes:

If Tatiana can be allowed to exert her huge influence and expertise over the whole figure skating program, the Russians would eventually regain their world dominance in ice dance for sure.

It will be interesting to watch in the coming season and beyond. She will have much to overcome (can you imagine the clashes when it's a test of wills between her and Mishin? :banging: :eek: )

Julie

Last edited:

Panther2000

On the Ice
mzheng said:
Happy for her that Rusian federation finally offers something to her.

Yeah, It is about time that they show her some respect. She has done so much for Their Skaters & their sport.

the Disrespect that they showed her & her skters over the past years was wrong.

I am happy for her.

Vash01

Medalist
Does it mean she cannot coach some participating skaters? I heard Shizuka was going to spend time in Russia to be coached by TT. What about MK's choreography?

mzheng

Record Breaker
Vash01 said:
Does it mean she cannot coach some participating skaters? I heard Shizuka was going to spend time in Russia to be coached by TT. What about MK's choreography?
Why not? A lot of Rusian National team coaches still offer their advices to skaters from other country, which include Mishine, Rafael and even Zulin. TT is an international figure, my guess Rusian Federation weren't go on book to interfeer her consoltant to skaters from other countries. Besides she already said herself after Olympics she is only going to take the role of consoltant and choregrapher not taking any skater as coach.....And on the other side, Rusian federation should be happy if TT can reach out to exert her infuence in a international level. Besides by offering TT an official status will put an unseen restriction on TT, she may do more of self checking when she guess something she is going to do might against RF's will.....I see it's a win win situations on all parties involved.

Excidra2001

On the Ice
Vash01 said:

Good question. The way I see it. Mrs Tarsova is personally hired by the Russian federation to give services to their skaters, I highly doubt that Valentin Piseyev would allow TT to still continue her work with Shizuka, MK and other rivals to their skaters. To me, Piseyev comes across as a dictator who has a tight hold on the Russian figure skating federation and will go to a great length to see Russian skaters on top of the skating podium. Thats the reason why I highly doubt that TT is still able to work with her foreign students while still giving advise to Russians.

Mzeng, I don't think Rafael is part of the Russian skating program, although I could be wrong. But the other coachs you mentioned, Zhulin is a private coach and is not part of the Russian federation, Mishin is part of the Russian federation, but only as a coach, so I believe he does as he wishs.

soogar

Record Breaker
Well it has been reported that TAT will still be coaching Arakawa this year. I think that since Arakawa has been with TAT before the offer , TAT will be allowed to coach her in addition to advising the Russian team.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, she was with Arakawa at Campbell's so I can see this being true. Good luck to Shiz- although it must be tough to have a coach like that if you're not doing so well...(or not?)

Kuchana

On the Ice
Why not? I don't see why TT would let the wishes of VP overrule her own in coaching or choreographing for whoever she pleased. She doesn't seem to strike me as that type of person (from my impressions).

wvgal57

On the Ice
The contract

It's according to what is in the contract. It seems that the only way to get some of the skaters to accept TT services was to get her "on contract" with RF. This move by RF chops off much of that. Seems this might be another iron fist move by RF because some skaters and coaches don't particulary care for her advice or her services. Once she is locked in with RF then it becomes another thing.

I'm predicting she and Arakawa will not be a team come Cup of China.