Should I Post Campbell's Videos? | Golden Skate

Should I Post Campbell's Videos?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Should I post videos from the event on this forum? And if so, what videos do you want me to put up? I just want to know so that I can start deleting the original footage from my computer. (I have an avi of the entire competition, sans commercials, that's currently 24.5GB but I can shrink that to about 700MB or less if someone wants it.)

And should I continue to do this for other skating competitions?

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Would that crash the server? The boards usually get a rush when people first see the competitions anyway. As a wise man once said, everyones got an opinion. ;) I don't make videos, but I have them and will help with uploading if needed.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Oh, no, no, I mean posting LINKS to videos here. I will use a different server to host them.

ETA- Now I think I see what you might be getting at. I don't know if traffic to the GS site will increase if I were to start offering videos. I think it would be great for those who can't be bothered registering at a specialized video forum. Anyway, I think you have to register to view the forum, so we don't have to worry about non-members downloading vids.

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Yes! There are always folks who miss them on TV and would like a chance to see what they missed. RD you are a good and generous guy!:agree:

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Red Dog said:
Oh, no, no, I mean posting LINKS to videos here. I will use a different server to host them.

ETA- Now I think I see what you might be getting at. I don't know if traffic to the GS site will increase if I were to start offering videos. I think it would be great for those who can't be bothered registering at a specialized video forum. Anyway, I think you have to register to view the forum, so we don't have to worry about non-members downloading vids.

That's what I meant. If there were a rush of people here and on the competition board at the same time, would that be too much? It might be best to wait for an official ok.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I see what you mean. I suppose I could wait it out then. But I will no longer have the full avi of the competition with all the performances (I need the space on my computer for SA). I'll just have the individual files of the ladies (as usual). ;)

You know what- I may just do this, because I'm having problems with my hosting service right now (in other words, I wouldn't be able to do this either without paying or a massive headache). Just send me a Private Message if you're interested in any Campbell's videos. (Note that if I get an overload of PMs I might be forced to do some "trimming".) I'll make it a trend to make vids of only the ladies, since that is the discipline that interests me the most. In this case, since Campbells was one big two-hour event, I also have the whole competition (but not individual men's performances). I also have Belbin and Agosto's exhibition.

Tell me your connection speed as well so that I can compress it to the right size. (I can make 'em really small for dial-up users, so just because you're on 56K doesn't mean you can't partake in this as well!)

I'll be deleting my originals to make room for Skate America vids so this offer is only for this week!

Last edited: