Sasha injured | Golden Skate

Sasha injured

mzheng

Record Breaker
I was afraid of this happenning. Thought she will be OK after seeing her apperance on Campbell. Hope she getting well soon.....when is her next GP?

VINLUVSKWAN

Rinkside
Sasha's next competition (positively wishing quick recovery on her and john nic part

November 17 - 20, 2005, Trophee Eric Bompard, Paris.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
This is not good. Let's hope Sasha can get back to training soon. For those who thought Campbell's was boring without Michelle, Skate America is going to seem even more empty without Michelle and Sasha. OTOH now is the time to get behind our young skaters....Go Alisa!!!

COP:disagree:
Hinged Boot :thumbsup:

millie

Medalist
Piel said:
This is not good. Let's hope Sasha can get back to training soon. For those who thought Campbell's was boring without Michelle, Skate America is going to seem even more empty without Michelle and Sasha. OTOH now is the time to get behind our young skaters....Go Alisa!!!

COP:disagree:
Hinged Boot :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: on your thread. She's strong and healthy, hope she'll be ok. Good luck to the others and hope they do well. I think that it will exciting just to watch the younger skaters prove themselves.

Get well Sasha and Michelle.

emma

Record Breaker
this season is really depressing. I hope Sasha heals quickly and completely.

waxel

Final Flight
This is very disappointing. We have all been so eager for the season to begin... and it just seems to be unraveling. Not only is this news that Sasha is injured and won't be at SA disturbing, but I just read Johnny's latest journal entry (http://www.figureskatersonline.com/johnnyweir/journal.html) and it depressed me deeply. In it he relates his frustation at not being able to create and skate with his heart, but rather must constantly concentrate on "racking up points." He was even forced to scrap what sounds like an interesting new spin because it would score low in CoP.

Anyway. I really hope Sasha isn't seriously injured and will rebound for her next scheduled GP event. I haven't given up... for the time being I'm going forward with a Pollyanna mindset that all the problems are getting worked out early in the season and we'll still have an amazing Nats and Olys. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Extremely sad news. I was so looking forward to seeing Sasha in Atlantic City. Oh, well, here's wishing her good luck with the healing process. :rock:

It's what they call a "hip pointer," right? Very painful. Football players get them all the time when they are tackled hard.

This is a setback not only for Sasha but for Skate America as well. The ladies long program has been sold out for some time, most people having bought their tickets in the hopes of seeing a showdown between Michelle and Sasha.

MM

cianni

On the Ice
Whats happening

Boy I may not bother to go to SA. I hope she is OK soon. I think the fans need to look at what they wish for cause their getting it. COP stinks .

wvgal57

On the Ice
Well it seems that Sasha injured herself on a FALL, so regardless of whether COP was in or out, she'd still have been injured. Some posters cite Kwan with having hip pain for years now..

There were injuries long before COP came long. US ladies top the list with Lipinski, Stellato, Kwan, Cohen ....

Perhaps they need to rethink their training habits.

Lucy25

Final Flight
Some sources say she injured her hip in a fall after Campbells, and some say she injured it at Campbells. Even Nicks says he doesn't know for sure when the inury occured. Hopefully she will recover soon.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
This is very unfortunate. The top two U.S. ladies are out of the game for now. I hope Sasha can make a speedy recovery. I wish the same for Michelle.

swannanoa54

On the Ice
wvgal57 said:
Well it seems that Sasha injured herself on a FALL, so regardless of whether COP was in or out, she'd still have been injured. Some posters cite Kwan with having hip pain for years now..

There were injuries long before COP came long. US ladies top the list with Lipinski, Stellato, Kwan, Cohen ....

Like someone else stated, there are two different stories here. Nicks says he doesn't know when she injured herself but that she's been having hip pain even at Campbells. That's in the article Phil Hersh wrote at the Chicago Tribune. (sorry I don't have a link). The USFS states she injured herself in a fall.

Well, let's look at this: She was probably having hip pain. Because of that hip pain, she fell. Now she has more hip pain than before. Ergo, she had to withdraw.

I just hope she heals as quickly as medically possible and that she and Kwan can compete. This is very sad. But on a good note, I'll get to see Alyssa skate!:clap:

brinababy87

Rinkside
It's a bruise. A painful one, maybe, but should only set off training for a week or so. Get well soon Sasha!

Frau Muller

Final Flight
We need some levity here.

A thought just entered my mind:

With both Kwan & Cohen out of S.A., I can see ABC turning Sunday's broadcast into the "Hughes Sisters Lovefest," complete with a miked Sarah (shown on the official Smuckers "SarahCam") blurting out coaching comments to little sister. :laugh:

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Do Alissa and/or Bebe have a second event? I think that Emily does. If Emily makes it to the GPF and Kimmie doesn't, I think the USFSA will have to re-think the hype machine.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
VINLUVSKWAN said:
http://www.usfigureskating.org/

Very sad is this state of affairs instigated by CoP.

First, I am very sorry that Sasha has to step aside for a short time due to an injury on a fall related to practicing triples. At least according to the linked article, which I assume to be correct based on the quotes, etc.

I hope someone can explain to me how an injury that reportedly occured during the practice of a triple jump relates to "state of affairs instigated by COP?"

If Sasha and/or her coach (or any other skater / coach team) were to make a public comment that practicing triples under the NJS (COP) is somehow more conducive to injuries than practicing triples under the 6.0 system was, then I'm all ears. Especially since I've never personally practiced a tripple. But I've never heard or read ANYWHERE that triple practice or execution in competitions is more injury prone under NJS than 6.0. Logic suggests to me that's not even possible.

The main difference regarding triples that I know about between NJS and 6.0 is that triples under-rotated more than 1/4 turn will be downgraded to doubles. And it appears to me that the NJS does a better job of dealing with that sort of problem.

But I don't think that the tighter technical judging system under NJS makes practicing triples more of an injury risk.....I fail to see the point of the side comment in the thread starter.

Best wishes to Sasha for a speedy recovery!!

DG

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
wvgal57 said:

Kwan has suffered from back pain before but I can't remember any hip pain prior to this season.

As for training. Any suggestions? What is your opinion? Any secrets from Irina on staying injury free? Can you share what you know about her training? Obviously it doesn't hold for the Russian men if Yags and Plushy are any indication.

If Michelle and Sasha aren't 100% for the Olympics and Worlds it will be very sad. We could see a podium of brand new faces.