Are you following the JGP? | Golden Skate

Are you following the JGP?

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
**POSSIBLE SPOILER**

I assume this is not a spoiler since none of these JGP events will EVER see the light of a TV screen. But admins, please move this if you think it should be moved.

With one event left to go before the competitors are determed for the final, the USA is doing very well. Looks like we will have participant(s) in all categories.

The BIG deal for me is pairs. Decidedly the weakest event in Sr USA FS. With one event to go, there are 4 USA pairs in the top 5. USA has 1,2,4,5 with a RUS in the middle. I assume the Japan JGP is this weekend - that might be the Next Big Event to follow.

DG

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Doggygirl, I've been following the JGP this year, particularly because we had a chance to see a lot of the junior competitors at Liberty Open and at the Lake Placid Dance competition this year. Have you had a chance to see any of the vids of the Jr. competitions?

waxel

Final Flight
I've been following the JGP online. Two things tend to stand out to me. One, that Rockne Brubaker and his partner (sorry can't recall her name) are doing so well. Will they compete at Nats as seniors? God knows, we are certainly due a strong Pairs team. Secondly, it doesn't seem that Jordan Brauninger has been doing as well as I had anticipated. Also wondering if he'll compete at Nats as a senior?

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
DORISPULASKI said:
Doggygirl, I've been following the JGP this year, particularly because we had a chance to see a lot of the junior competitors at Liberty Open and at the Lake Placid Dance competition this year. Have you had a chance to see any of the vids of the Jr. competitions?

Hi Doris! I haven't been able to find much video on line. BUT...I've been out of town recently, and now busy catching up so I have not yet gone to the video site to look for more. I'll check back in once I get caught up!!

DG

nicole_l

Final Flight
waxel said:
One, that Rockne Brubaker and his partner (sorry can't recall her name) are doing so well. Will they compete at Nats as seniors? God knows, we are certainly due a strong Pairs team.
They finished first in Juniors last year, so they'll probably move up. :clap:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
waxel said:
One, that Rockne Brubaker and his partner (sorry can't recall her name) are doing so well. Will they compete at Nats as seniors?
Yes, Mariel Miller & Rockne Brubaker will make their senior pairs debut at St. Louis Nationals. All the other U.S. junior pairs that are doing so well on the JGP this fall will compete junior at Nationals.

Secondly, it doesn't seem that Jordan Brauninger has been doing as well as I had anticipated. Also wondering if he'll compete at Nats as a senior?
Brauninger actually made his senior debut at 2004 Nationals (10th) and he placed 11th in Portland last year. He has to qualify for Nationals through Midwestern Sectionals in November, which will be a very tough event.

I just started a Team USA thread in the JGP in Japan forum that includes results from today:
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10623

Last edited: