Savvis Center Security... | Golden Skate

Savvis Center Security...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I emailed them about the laptop, and was pleased to find out that laptops ARE allowed... however we're not allowed bags of anykind it seems. I did email them back to see if camera bags are out, but I figured I'd pass on the email to all who are going

Thank you for your email regarding your visit to Savvis Center for the U.S. Figure Skating Championships.

We do not have a problem with a small laptop computer itself being brought into the building. We do have specific policies regarding bags though. It is building policy that we do not permit backpacks, briefcases or similar bags and packages from being brought into the building. This policy would include a bag that would contain a laptop computer. All carry-in items are subject to inspection upon entry.

Thank you again for your comments.

David Born
Senior Director of Guest Services and Security
Savvis Center / St. Louis Blues

:scratch: this could be bad for someone like me who wants to bring two cameras and a laptop lol

mpal2

Final Flight
They usually sell a bag to carry your stuff at Nats but it's just a simple one without pockets. I wonder if they'll have problems with that. I live out of that thing at Nats.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I got another email from the rink... small still camera bags are okay so I guess purses will be ok

but still what is their definition of small? cuz I don't think mine counts as small (though it counts as a carry on for airplanes :laugh: )

the email to ask about rules is: [email protected]

Jhar55

Medalist
Thanks on the heads up. I usally carry a large purse / tote bag type hope it will pass. They must realise ladies have their purses you can't put everything in your pockets. I don't have a problem with bag checks have nothing to hide.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah I have nothing to hide either, but I still would like to be able to take my camera bag in

mpal, you've seen my camera bag do you think it'd pass?

mpal2

Final Flight
I don't know. I was already debating about mine. I think I'll bring the binoculars case as a backup. The camera stuff I need fits in there and it doesn't have all the pockets. I haven't had trouble with mine yet, but who knows how picky people will get.

Jhar55

Medalist
Myself don't see anything wrong with camera bag, camera is something you don't want damaged. Guess everyone will need to see how everything goes 1st day and adjust from there.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Jhar55 said:
Myself don't see anything wrong with camera bag, camera is something you don't want damaged. Guess everyone will need to see how everything goes 1st day and adjust from there.

yeah I guess... it's a bit frustrating though