On World News Tonight, ABC | Golden Skate

On World News Tonight, ABC

Longhornliz

Final Flight
TV Alert!!!!- ABC Nightly News

I just saw a promo for a feature they will air tomorrow about a new scandal in the skating world that is "freezing the top skaters off the ice" They showed footage of Irina, Sasha and Michelle. I'm not sure if they mean the trend of injuries or if there is a issue that we are unaware of.

Tune in for the national news broadcast tomorrow friday October 21st.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yeah, when I was in Houston it came on at 5:30. But here on the east coast of course it's on at 6:30.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Just heard a commercial about why Kwan & Cohen aren't skating in some shows. They said watch World News Tonight on ABC. Hard to tell if they have much interesting on it or not. Although, they must think there are enough people interested in figure skating to have a commercial about it.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yeah, it's the Olympic season, so I expect interest to increase. I don't think we skating fans will learn anything new (remember World News Tonight is a program for the "general public".) Someone posted this yesterday, but thanks for reminding us. ;)

millie

Medalist
I just watched ABC News World Tonight. They were talking about the new scoring system and injuries. Christine Brenner talked about all the injuries. Goebel was whining about having to practice an extra hour a day. Tara was interviewed, she said that there was just as many injuries under the old scoring as there is under the new scoring system. Something to the effect, the Olympics and the last one standing.

Lucy25

Final Flight
You didn't miss much. It was a pretty lame report. Christine Brennan says it is all COP's fault for all the injuries, the most injuries in an Olympic year then she can remember. Interviewed Tim G. who says he now has to practice an extra hour a day. He also listed a lot of injuries caused by this extra work. But, then they said the USFSA says that there have always been injuries and that there is no proof COP is behind the injuries. Interview with Tara who agrees that there have always been injuries (she is looking scary, IMO). Showed quite a few clips of Sasha skating, mentioned her and Michelle's injuries. Showed a few clips of Michelle, and ended the report with her skating at the last Olympics.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yeah, I slept through it. :laugh: Sounds as if I didn't miss much...

How long was it, and when was it featured? (Was it just stuck onto the end of the broadcast or was it the feature story?)

millie

Medalist
Red Dog you didn't miss much, it was towards the end of the program. Why is Goebel such a whimp? All he does is whine-whine-whine! Seems like every time he opens his mouth lately, he is whining about something. Why don't he shutup or giveup. He seems like a big wuss.

Lucy25

Final Flight
Well, to be fair, we have no idea how the question was asked to him, and he did not actually criticize COP. ABC may have edited his interview to fit the story.

The piece was less than five minutes long.

Jhar55

Medalist
Didn't see the news, but what's Tim complaining about all is injuries came before the COP scoring, when he was hitting the quads. He need to just admit it he's already peaked and his time is probably over.
As for Tara her problems also came from her over doing the triple / triples and that's why shes not in skating anymore.