The Breeders' Cup | Golden Skate

The Breeders' Cup

Johar

Medalist
I am getting excited about this Saturday's races, where the best in the world show up.

Lost in the Fog is undefeated in 10 starts going into the BC Sprint! Can he face the competition and prove he is not a fluke?

Will Ashado prevail in the Distaff?

Will Fusaichi Samuari hold of Henny Hughes in the BC Juvenile Colts?

Will Rock Hard Ten, Saint liam or Borrego take the Classic? Could European superstar Bago beat them all?

Will Limehouse finally get a G.1 by running in the Mile?

Saturday, October 29.

$1-million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (G1), 1:20 p.m.

$1.5-million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Colts (G1), 1:55 p.m.

$1-million Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (G1), 2:35 p.m.

$1-million Breeders' Cup Sprint (G1), 3:10 p.m.

$1.5-million Breeders' Cup Mile (G1), 3:45 p.m.

$2-million Breeders' Cup Distaff (G1), 4:20 p.m.

$2-million Breeders' Cup Turf (G1), 4:55 p.m.

$4-million Breeders' Cup Classic (G1), 5:35 p.m.

Last edited:

Johar

Medalist
BC Juvenile Fillies pre entries

Adieu
Along the Sea
Ann Summers
Diamond Omi
Dressed to Kill
Ex Caelis
Folklore
Keeneland Kat
Knights Templar
Miss Norman ---scratched
Original Spin
Sensation
She Says It Best
Wild Fit

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
BC Juvenile Colts pre entries

Brother Derek
Dawn of War
Dr. Pleasure
First Samurai
Henny Hughes
Ivan Denisovich (IRE)
Leo (GB)
Jealous Profit
Private Vow
Set Alight
Sorcerer's Stone
Stevie Wonderboy
Stream Cat
Superfly

Last edited:

Johar

Medalist
Filly and Mare Turf pre entries

Angara (GB)
Favourable Terms (GB)
Film Maker
Flip Flop (FR)
Intercontinental (GB)
Karen's Caper
Luas Line (IRE)
Megahertz (GB)
Mona Lisa (GB)
Ouija Board (GB)
Riskaverse
Sundrop (JPN)
Wend
Wonder Again

Johar

Medalist
BC Sprint pre entries

Attila's Storm
Battle Won
Elusive Jazz
Gygistar
Imperialism
Lifestyle
Lion Tamer
Lost in the Fog --undefeated in 10 starts
Pomeroy
Silver Train
Taste of Paradise
Wildcat Heir
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
BC Mile pre entries

Ad Valorem
Artie Schiller
Funfair (GB)
Gorella (FR)
Host (CHI)
Leroidesanimaux (BRZ)
Limehouse
Majors Cast (IRE)
Sand Springs
Singletary
Three Valleys
Valixir (IRE)
Whipper

Last edited:

Johar

Medalist
Did anybody watch today?

Saint Liam won the Classic

Intercontinental won the Filly & Mare Turf

Folklore won the Juvenile Fillies

Shirocco won the Turf

Artie Schiller won the Mile

Stevie Wonderboy won the Juvenile Colts

Silver Train won the Sprint. Heavy unbeaten favorite Lost in the Fog was 7th!

Pleasant Home won the Distaff. Ashado was 3rd.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Ashado got her butt handed to her, you mean, along with everyone else in the Distaff. I can't believe Pleasant Home was 30-1. (Someday, I shall open a TVG account and start betting my longshot hunches.) THAT was one heck of a stretch drive. You don't just open up a 9 3/4 length lead at that distance in the last furlong without some real class. What a kick she had...

You know who I felt sorry for (besides the gelding they had destroyed after one of the races--didn't see that one, just heard about it from Dad, apparently he broke a hind leg and was pulled up)? Shake the Bank in the Turf, the one they put in as a rabbit for the four horse, whose name escapes me now. For a turf race that pace he set was killer, he faded to dead last, and to cap it the horse he was a rabbit for didn't even get up there for the win. Of course no one was dumb enough to go after Shake the Bank from the start. On dirt it would sound slow but those were suicidal fractions on turf.

Heh. Rule on next year's Kentucky Derby: whoever you bet, DON'T bet Stevie Wonderboy! No Juvenile winner's ever managed to win the Derby. Scratch him off my list.

Heard there wasn't much spectacular about the Juvenille Fillies this year. No speculation about anyone going against the colts next year.

Classic win: nice one for Saint Liam, and proved the rule that a good four-year-old beats a good three-year-old every time. Though I have to confess, I was pulling for the old man, Perfect Drift. Geldings are great--they race forever.

Johar

Medalist
Horse racing fans can be so cruel--many are happy Lost in the Fog finished 7th in the Sprint after 10 straight wins. Some are calling him garbage, citing that he beat nothing in his 10 wins and when he faced "real" competition on Saturday he choked.

Wildcat Heir fell in the Sprint after crossing the finish line. He's ok, his legs were tired.

Shakespeare, undefeated in 5 starts, finished 12th in the Turf. Bago was 4th and English Channel was 5th.

I picked Leroidesanimaux to win the Mile and he finished 2nd. My beloved Limehouse was 6th. Singletary finished way back, in 8th place.

In the Juvenile Fillies, I picked Folklore. Adieu finished 7th and Sensation was 5th

In the Classic I picked Saint Liam and Borrego. Liam won, and Borrego was well back. My lovely Perfect Drift once again played a bridesmaid and was 3rd:clap: while my beloved Sun King was 9th after setting the early pace.

Megahertz finished a disappointing 8th in the Filly and Mare Turf. Other favorite Riskaverse was 13th. I didn't fare well in this race at all.

In the Juvenile colts I picked First Samurai to win and Henny Hughes to place. They finished 3rd and 2nd. Stevie Wonderboy stole the race.

I picked Ashado to win the Distaff, and she finished 3rd.