Rusty Hanger Awards | Golden Skate

Rusty Hanger Awards

CDMM1991

Medalist
What are the worst costumes so far this year in the opinion of all you GSers?

P.S. Please give links to pictures :)

tracylynn

Rinkside
I don't have a link but Timothy Goebel's costume comes to mind. All I have to say is WOW!!

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Tracylynn-ITA! I thought it was a little too reminiscent of some of Evgeny's past costumes and current. I mean if you do the "body costume" RIGHT it can look great, but on TImothy, it just isn't going to work. Sorry Timmy!

Saundy

On the Ice
WELL Johnny Weir's "get-ups" are quit...uhh...interesting. He's artistic, but his costumes tend to distract the artistry from his skating into his very loud costumes choices.

Scroll down until you find him.

First one

Second one

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Yikes that costume Johnny's wearing looks like the male version of Sasha's first Swan Lake dress. I knew they were close but...?

Saundy

On the Ice
Well I thought seeing them on TV was bad enough...try seeing them in person...:laugh:

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Okay, I don't know who he is, but that picture beneath the second one of Johnny Weir, the Russian Andrei Griazev....uh, hon, lose the tassels. Just...no.

antmanb

Record Breaker
julietvalcouer said:
Okay, I don't know who he is, but that picture beneath the second one of Johnny Weir, the Russian Andrei Griazev....uh, hon, lose the tassels. Just...no.

I agree but Zhang in all those picture i think is worse than Johnny's!

PLus i don't Griazev's longer hair suits hiom as much as a shorter style...still he's reminding me of Abt with that hair, which is no bad thing!

Ant

ATW27

On the Ice
antmanb said:
I agree but Zhang in all those picture i think is worse than Johnny's!

Ant

My first reaction to Zhang's SP costume was it looks like he's dressed as Don Knott's character (Mr. Firley?) from the TV series Three's Company. And that's not meant as a compliment.

Andy W.

euterpe

Medalist
Brian Joubert's psychedelic-70's disco FS costume (the one with the plunging neckline).

He's skating to "Lord of the Dance" (Irish music) and I just don't see the relevance.

XxSweetKissesxX

Match Penalty
:love: Andrei Griazev... that boy is smokin' hot, he can wear anything or nothing and still look
swoon1.gif

Spirit

On the Ice
Ever since Takeshi Honda's costume from a few years ago, the one which had strips of toilet paper hanging from it, they all look good to me.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
OK. So far this season, here are my nominations:

Ladies. Onda. What the heck is that? Idora Hegel. My hubby's Barber designed her LP costume.

Men: Joubert gets my vote for consistency of bad costumes.

Pairs: Aganina of the UZB pair gets one nomination, but it's actually for the Wedgie category. Then again, I haven't seen much ice dancing yet this season.

Dance: will reserve until I've seen more Polka costumes. I'm suspecting some doozies there.

DG

Blue Bead

Medalist
After taking a close look at the photo Dee4707 just posted, someone should tell Timmy that Halloween is over. :biggrin: What's with that stuff on his right arm and hand?:laugh:

euterpe

Medalist
Blue Bead said:
After taking a close look at the photo Dee4707 just posted, someone should tell Timmy that Halloween is over. :biggrin: What's with that stuff on his right arm and hand?:laugh:

I think it's supposed to be flames (he's a demon from the netherworld).

His coach has said they're dumping this costume.

diver chick

On the Ice
Goodness! That is a terrible photo of them - makes them look like they are doing the birdie dance!!! And the headband - definitely Navka's trademark ;)