CoP Scores at 9! Is that same as 6.0 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

CoP Scores at 9! Is that same as 6.0

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I agree with Joesitz. I cant see an Asian/North American block forming, there isnt enough of a relation or a connection between them to make it feasable,
and I dont think either would really see the benefit of it. An Eastern European bloc is much easier to form, and much more prominent in skating. That isnt to say it is fair to assume anytime an Eastern European wins, even if sometimes it is a close decision, to assume there was a bloc at work.

slutskayafan21 said:
I agree with Joesitz. I cant see an Asian/North American block forming, there isnt enough of a relation or a connection between them to make it feasable,
and I dont think either would really see the benefit of it. An Eastern European bloc is much easier to form, and much more prominent in skating. That isnt to say it is fair to assume anytime an Eastern European wins, even if sometimes it is a close decision, to assume there was a bloc at work.
Not in the least! I'd never be able to say that Plushy won because of a bloc, but I might say he was held up if he puts in a poor skate - not likely but it does happen in skateland.

Joe

Rgirl said:
As for the wording for the "Projection" element of Performance/Execution, again, just 1/5th of the P/E category: "The skater radiates energy resulting in an invisible connection with the audience," I have absolutely no problem with it. If such wording were not included, people would be complaining, "But what about the skater who bonds with the audience? Who radiates energy resulting in an invisible connection the audience? THAT'S why I watch and love figure skating!"
Count me in, Rgirl! I love that language.

And speaking of Michelle, the ISU also needs to work in something along the lines of,

"The skater must project to the audience a tension between an inevitability in anticipation and a resolution satisfying beyond all expectation."

Michelle is like this:

I know that my lilacs will come into bloom every April. I know just exactly how pretty they'll look when they do. And yet... No matter how pleasing remembrance of last year may be, I'll be surprised all over again at the poverty of mere memory after all.

Mathman :)

PS. Your mission, Rgirl, should you choose to accept it -- put an extra syllable on the end of that third line and straighten out the metre of the last line for me. p)

Last edited: