LOST episode 11/16 spoilers inside | Golden Skate

LOST episode 11/16 spoilers inside

Johar

Medalist
We got to see the first 40-some days of the tail section survivors. Within days, people were taken from their camp, not once but twice. Then the survivors grew restless when one of them, Nathan, wasn't identified as being seen on the airplane before the crash. They became paranoid that he was one of The Others so he was put into a pit.

Another tail section survivor got him out one night, saying that he thought Ana Lucia was going to hurt him. Just as Nathan got out the other man snapped his neck.

Later on, Ana and this man (I forget his name) went off to higher ground to get a radio transmission. The longer she talked to him the more suspicious she got. She remembered that within 10 minutes of crash 815, he came running out of the woods but wasn't wet. A struggled ensued, and she impaled him in self defense. After she returned to camp one of her clan heard voices on the radio but she knocked the radio out of his hands and said it was The Others trying to trick them.

Mentally exhausted, Ana at last broke down crying by a stream and was comforted by Mr. Echo.

Later on, while on a beach, tail section survivors found Jin washed ashore. This is where the story picked up weeks ago when Jin washed ashore. Assuming he was dangerous, he was tied up but escaped. As he ran onto the beach he tried his best to say "Others" as he approached Michael and Sawyer. Remember Jin doesn't speak English.

What we did learn was that:

* The Others had a list of the tail section survivors, and nobody on Flight 815 knew everybody's name. Ana killed one of The Others who had this list on her. We only saw a brief glimpse of this woman.

* A flight attendant said that before Flight 815 crashed, the pilot had reported they had been flying two hours in the wrong direction.

* One of the tail section children had a teddy bear that was seen last week dangling from the arms of The Others as they passed Jin and Mr. Echo, who were hidden in the bush.

* Nobody knows for certain who Nathan was. Nobody could recall seeing him on the plane before the crash. But remember in Season 1 there was a guy named Ethan who just appeared and nobody remembered seeing him on Flight 815. Ethan was creepy, had seemingly super human strength but was eventually killed by Charlie. Or I think it was Charlie. Nathan. Ethan. Hmmmmm...

What did the man say to Ana before they started to struggle? My sister-in-law had the heater on and I couldn't catch those words.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I looked up the meaning of the names, Ethan and Nathan, and neither have a similar meaning. Then, I looked at the name, Than, which is vietnamese and greek. Than, means, Death or Brilliant. hmmm
Nathan and Ethan had both said that they were from Canada. Why, I don't know, but it's something else they had in common.

Goodwin, was the guy who killed Nathan.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Johar:

Thank you for explaining this episode of Lost. I have not followed Lost from it's beginning so was somewhat lost myself with this espisode! I have only seen a couple of the recent episodes. This one left me confused.

:scratch:

Johar

Medalist
I am crazy for this show. It keeps the viewers not only engrossed but guessing. And it's intelligently written.

I was anxious to see the 11/16 episode, to learn about the other passengers. I wish I'd taped it, tho, as I know I missed some little hints and details that are important.
I don't know what Goodwin said to Ana either....

I knew that the teddy bear was "significant".

I'm really confused about who or how the "others" had a list of everyone who came up on the beach.....and wasn't something said about the others only took the ones that were good????

Johar

Medalist
Goodwin may have been a spy for The Others.

Where the heck is Desmond and the French lady?

Why isn't anybody talking about the seemingly invisible giant monster?

Oh, when Jack and Sayid watched the Orientation film, there were brief clips of polar bears. Remember how they had been charged twice by polar bears? And in a flashback of Walter and Michael, he gave a very young Walter a stuffed polar bear toy.

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
There was also a polar bear in the comic book that Walt was reading.

Lost is definitely one of my can't miss shows. I always Tivo and try to rewatch to get the small details.

Thanks for jogging my memory, Johar, I now recall the different times polar bears were part of the show.

I also wonder where Danielle and Desmond are.....questions, more questions every week I watch! Can't say it doesn't keep you coming back for more!

Jhar55

Medalist
Well for one thing they gave the show the correct title "Lost" I watched every week the first year was lost at the season end, when new season started still lost haven't kept up much been watching old Surivor shows on OLN. I did watch last week and I am still lost, the longer the show goes the less it makes since.
My thought about the show is it's all about the comic book and when whom ever is reading it the show will be over. It's like Days of Our Lives miss it for few weeks come back and nothing has changed. :rofl:

Johar

Medalist
But alot has changed.

Boone is dead. His step sister is dead, shot by Ana Lucia.

The hatch has been opened and was being run by a man named Desmond, who Jack the doctor met earlier in life.

Desmond left the hatch after telling them keep punching the code of numbers every 108 minutes.

Walter the boy is still missing and was taken by a group of men on a fishing trawler at the end of last season.

Hurley was once in a mental institution.

guinevere

Final Flight
Johar said:
Why isn't anybody talking about the seemingly invisible giant monster?
It seems that the Tailaways did not experience any of the "monster" (or, security system, as Danielle called it). In general, the experiences of the two groups have been quite different.

CzarinaAnya, that is fascinating about the word Than, and something I hadn't heard or read anywhere yet. One thing about LOST, is that EVERYTHING has a meaning. I'm a bit confused, because I'm pretty certain that Nathan was a decoy, and that Goodwin was the Other, but it is still really cool.

Personally I wouldn't mind if we never saw Desmond again. The Dharma Initiative stuff is not that interesting. I think finding out any more about it would be disappointing!

Goodwin told Ana-Lucia that the reasons certain people were taken and not others were that they only took those with "good" in them - looked like a dig at A-L, but there are other ways that could be interpreted. That also doesn't explain why Cindy was taken while they were on the trek, though (after having made it through 2 'takings').

The Walt visions are just about the creepiest thing ever!

I love this show.