'Allô' again from Paris! - Behind the Scenes at Tropheé Eric Bompard | Golden Skate

'Allô' again from Paris! - Behind the Scenes at Tropheé Eric Bompard

Thanks for the lionks, Sailor.

"Each one (Kimmie and Mao) tried to pull off a clean triple Axel (in practice). Meissner tried what has become her trademark jump several times, and almost succeeded in landing it cleanly while practicing to her own music. Asada almost managed hers, too. Seldom had a rink witnessed so many triple Axel attempts in a ladies competition!"

It looks like we won't be seeing one in the actual competition!

MM

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Thanks for the lionks, Sailor.

"Each one (Kimmie and Mao) tried to pull off a clean triple Axel (in practice). Meissner tried what has become her trademark jump several times, and almost succeeded in landing it cleanly while practicing to her own music. Asada almost managed hers, too. Seldom had a rink witnessed so many triple Axel attempts in a ladies competition!"

It looks like we won't be seeing one in the actual competition!

MM

It will be interesting to see 1) who tries and 2) who completes!! While I could see Shiz, Sasha and Joannie doing OK without a 3/3 (or 3A), I think Kimmie and Mao's chances for podium might rest on doing one or both of those. This is such an awesome ladies field, I can't wait. I will by CRYING buckets if CCTV-5 doesn't give us live coverage, and it looks like they might not. But I'm going to be checking anyway, just in case.

DG