Rory Flack Burghart | Golden Skate

Rory Flack Burghart

icy fresh

On the Ice
She is a wonderful, showy skater who has incredible Russian split jumps!I know that she won the US Open one year, I'm not sure what year, though. Does anyone have any more information on her competitive history?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
She's a relative of Roberta Flack and won her AO championship skating to Aretha (The real Queen), how cool is that?

JOHIO2

Medalist
all her jumps are huge. and she is very entertaining. don't know why she went pro instead of continuing to compete at senior level, but times were deifferent and we don't know all the circumstances.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
She's from Alaska lol that's about all I can tell you though....
I believe she may actually be from San Diego but moved to Alaska when she got married.

lil lion 816

Rinkside
I think some of the reasons Rory turned pro were that she had problems with injuries and consistency at the senior level. I think I remember reading or hearing somewhere that her best finish at the senior level at Nationals was 12th place for the reasons already mentioned.
I was delighted when she received so much recognition a few years ago, though. She's a wonderfully entertaining and dynamic skater. :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
mari60 said:
Is she an M.D.?

not that I know of

she has a skating tour company called Black Ice... which is an all (?) black skater cast... IIRC

IDLERACER

Medalist
All I know is that she is one of only three women who I have ever seen perform a backflip, the other two being Surya Bonaly and Stacey Pengsen. Click HERE to see another picture of one of her monster splits.