Q and A with Sasha | Golden Skate

Q and A with Sasha

Kasey

Medalist
I'm not a Sasha fan, but overall that was kind of cute. She seems quite fan-friendly.

orchid

On the Ice
Mathman said:
They could have spared us those thousand words and just gone with a picture, LOL.

After reading your review, I won't bother to read the comments.I trust this is the usual blat.

Thanks

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yeah, you're right actually. There's nothing earthshattering in that article. But some of the fans might like it.

gezando

Final Flight
quoting Cohen
" It would be amazing to win a medal in Torino (Olympics), that’s what I was hoping for in Salt Lake and it didn’t happen – so I’ve just continued to stay focused on that goal. I have my sights set on gold, but any medal would have a special place with me."

A very ice princesses typical response. One can substitute theh name Sasha, and that sounds just like e.g. Kimmie, BeBe, Sarah etc.

millie

Medalist
orchid said:
After reading your review, I won't bother to read the comments.I trust this is the usual blat.

Thanks

Orchid, as you call it usual blat, I think that Sasha's fans appreciate her candid responses to the questions that were asked her. I get a feeling, from the previous post from you about Sasha, that you have strong negative feelings towards Sasha for some reason. I know their are fans and non fans of skaters but you seem to use very strong and mean words whenever Sasha's name is mentioned.I thought about biting my tongue and not responding to your posts about Sasha but couldn't.

millie said:
Orchid, as you call it usual blat, I think that Sasha's fans appreciate her candid responses to the questions that were asked her. I get a feeling, from the previous post from you about Sasha, that you have strong negative feelings towards Sasha for some reason. I know their are fans and non fans of skaters but you seem to use very strong and mean words whenever Sasha's name is mentioned.I thought about biting my tongue and not responding to your posts about Sasha but couldn't.
I'm not antiSasha at all. What I found interesting from the comments is that she is hoping for a medal of any kind if she doesn't get the gold one. That, to me, it a different side of Sasha. It appears that she is losing that feisty aspect she once had. I had kind of liked her feisty ways.

Joe

millie said:
I'm not antiSasha at all. What I found interesting from the comments is that she is hoping for a medal of any kind if she doesn't get the gold one. That, to me, is a different side of Sasha. It appears that she is losing that feisty aspect she once had. I had kind of liked her feisty ways.

Joe

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Maybe Sasha is beginning to believe all the "Irina has it in the bag" posts. I think her attitude -- a medal of any color -- is mentally more healthy than the "it has to be gold". How many people do you know who have Oly medals -- of any color?

millie said:
"...I think that Sasha's fans appreciate her candid responses to the questions that were asked her."
Millie, I totally agree with that. But I blame the interviewer for asking such insipid questions. It seemed like he didn't really know or care anything about figure skating as a sport.

When real sports reporters ask Wayne Gretsky about the Stanley Cup or Tiger Woods about the Masters golf tournament, they don't ask what kind of cookies do you like to bake.

MM

nymkfan51

Medalist
attyfan said:
Maybe Sasha is beginning to believe all the "Irina has it in the bag" posts. I think her attitude -- a medal of any color -- is mentally more healthy than the "it has to be gold". How many people do you know who have Oly medals -- of any color?

Maybe all the top ladies will feel the same way and go in much less stressed. It's in some ways just like the ice dancing teams ... does any of them really think they have a chance for gold ahead of Navka? Short of having a meltdown, the results are pretty much a given at this point ... IMO, of course. ;)

And if S&Z don't make it there in good form, than T&M are another lock for gold. The only question mark right now is Plushy, and that's only because we haven't seen him yet this season. I would imagine he's pretty much got it in the bag too.

I can't remember an Olympics where the gold medalists were so set in stone, even before the competition. I rather believe that COP helps promote this. You figure ... with 6.0, at least you had the chance of skaters missing their jumps ... pretty much taking them out of the running for gold. Now a skater can pack his/her program with level 4 this and that, and still win gold even if they miss a jump.

The race is on for silver and bronze though!!! :clap:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I’ll bake cookies, cakes, and soufflés, even truffles.

If she is referring to dessert truffles (candy), how do you bake them and have them still be truffles???

My Olympic scenario

nymkfan51 said:
I can't remember an Olympics where the gold medalists were so set in stone, even before the competition.
The gold medals of the 2006 Winter Olympic Games have long since been conceded.

As early as October, ISU President Cinquanta lit up his victory cigar, secure in the knowledge that there would be no scandal, no controversy, no competition to mar his carefully orchestrated celebration.

The first three disciplines come and go with a whimper, and only the ladies' event remains to run down to its fated denoument.

And indeed, against the unassailable shoals of Slutskaya crash the fragile crafts of Cohen, Arakawa, Kostner, Ando.

One woman alone remains to skate, bearing the hopes and fears of her nation upon her slender shoulders...

nymkfan51

Medalist
Mathman said:
One woman alone remains to skate, bearing the hopes and fears of her nation upon her slender shoulders...

"Anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Kween!!!" :agree:

gezando

Final Flight
orchid said:

Well, the usual ice princess like answers definitely, e.g. gold is good, but any medal will be special etc. I believe some Cohen fans in the past had used the term "blat" to describe other skaters usual interview answers.