Ice Wars - Photos and Review | Golden Skate

Ice Wars - Photos and Review

heyang

Record Breaker
Ooohhhh - I like the phrase 'audience pandering'. It totally captures how I feel about Elvis's exhibition #'s, most of Candeloro's professional #'s and exhibition #'s and Alexei's Shout.

ID Nurse

Rinkside
Ice Wars

Thanks for the great review and photos. I was also in the audience that night, and had a great time. So sorry to read in your review that this years Ice Wars was Brian's last. The event will miss him.

Teenes

On the Ice
You're welcome! I'm glad you guys are enjoying them!

BTW just an explanation for the two photos from warmups where Kurt's in front of the judges and then you see them laughing - he had decided to sneak along the boards out of sight, and then pop up in front of them to scare them. The first photo is the moment he popped up - as you can see, Christine and Isabelle haven't even had time to react - and the second is the after photo, with Christine, Lloyd, and Isabelle laughing. I realized upon looking at the photos that they didn't at all make sense if you didn't know what happened =).

Linny

Final Flight
replacements?

Who was replacing who? Maria replacing Nichole? Is Nichole OK? Was there someone else?
Linny

Teenes

On the Ice
Yuka replaced Katarina Witt, who was out b/c of an unspecified injury.

Maria replaced Nicole Bobek - I heard she has a kidney infection and has pulled out of other events in recent weeks as well.

Linny

Final Flight
Not their first choice?

Yuka wasn't their first choice? That's amazing.
Linny

isk82

On the Ice
Thank you!!

Wow - what GREAT photos and review! I live not too far from Peoria, but couldn't attend this one. This was the next best thing. Thank you for sharing!!