New Article on Alissa Czisny | Page 2 | Golden Skate

New Article on Alissa Czisny

jesslily

Final Flight
I don't mean Kimmie is particularly mentally stronger than Alissa. When Kimmie competed last year, she was not performing to get the spot of Olympic team, and Alissa or Emily were not that close to where Kimmie was, so Kimmie did fairly well. This year Jenny retired, the third spot is just between two or three girls to fight for, Alissa did very well at GP, so who can take the pressure well, or mentally strong at nationals, who will go to Olympic. People's mind also affect by each day's life. The girl who has the best mind set that day will win.

jesslily said:
I don't mean Kimmie is particularly mentally stronger than Alissa. When Kimmie competed last year, she was not performing to get the spot of Olympic team, and Alissa or Emily were not that close to where Kimmie was, so Kimmie did fairly well. This year Jenny retired, the third spot is just between two or three girls to fight for, Alissa did very well at GP, so who can take the pressure well, or mentally strong at nationals, who will go to Olympic. People's mind also affect by each day's life. The girl who has the best mind set that day will win.
I think you raised the correct question: WHO? It's anyone's guess and your is as valid as mine is for Alissa.

Joe

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
She's better LIVE but that's a summer topic.:)

Joe

As a person who is only looking forward to my first elite level "live" competition (US Nats) I would say I'm always interested in this subject, no matter what time of year. I find great value from the feedback about how "live" v. "TV" differs in how these skaters look. And I think there is an emerging dimention - how do they look on the internet videos (somewhat computer / monitor dependent) v. TV?

Since you are very much a "live" viewer on many occassions, just wanted to say that I value that sort of feedback regardless of where we are in the "season."

DG

DG - If you are going to St.Louis, you can move around the seats quite easily until it's Mens and Ladies, and particularly Ladies. If you are not on the 50 yard line, see if you can sneak a seat there. Either side, you will see what the judges see and there's nothing more LIVE than that.

Unfortunately, I am going with a Tour Group which will undoubtedly have great seats but on the arc of the oval. Not bad, but I prefer to see what those judges see.

Maybe we will both be sneaking into an empty seat on the 50 yd line.

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
DG - If you are going to St.Louis, you can move around the seats quite easily until it's Mens and Ladies, and particularly Ladies.

judging by last season's nationals... Ladies LP the last flight (ie Michelle's group) is the only time the arena is actually packed... the SPs were pretty tight, but not half as bad as the final flight of ladies LPs.... that was the only time I actually didn't have a good seat. and that was with bad weather! I can only imagine how crowded it will be this year

pairs and dance are lucky to pack it half full... but that's not surprising... though dance normally filled more of the arena last year by the free dance than pairs...

jesslily

Final Flight
At SA and SC, Alissa not only skated well, she also showed the skating world that she is a very happy, honest, and charming skater. Her sincere smile just delights the people. Kimmie still has a chance to show her talent at NHK. But at Paris it seems both Mao Asada and Sasha got a lot of attention.

Tonichelle said:
judging by last season's nationals... Ladies LP the last flight (ie Michelle's group) is the only time the arena is actually packed... the SPs were pretty tight, but not half as bad as the final flight of ladies LPs.... that was the only time I actually didn't have a good seat. and that was with bad weather! I can only imagine how crowded it will be this year

pairs and dance are lucky to pack it half full... but that's not surprising... though dance normally filled more of the arena last year by the free dance than pairs...
I also had to sit in my paid-for-seat for Ladies. It was a good seat though, but the fans around me were not as animated as I was. I liked to be in the company of excited fans for whomever is their favorite.

Men's division was also very crowded but not as much as Ladies.

This coming Nationals may be the last competition of La Kwan (if she skates) so the arena will be rocking. Bring your earplugs until the music starts.

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
I also think that since it's an Olympic year, the crowds will be even larger than usual.