Tara Inducted Into Figure Skating Hall Of Fame | Golden Skate

Tara Inducted Into Figure Skating Hall Of Fame

gezando

Final Flight
:agree: :thumbsup: For Tara, she is in the fast track on everything, it took her not quite 7 years post OGM. IIRC it took them over 10 years to induct Kristi. I bet Tara is the youngest hall of famer too.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
First of all, congrats to Tara. :clap:

Re: Kristi - she was inducted into the US Figure Skating hall of Fame at the 1998 Nationals in Philly. I don't know for sure, but I think that a skater has to be retired from Olympic eligible skating for a minimum of five years to be considered for induction to the Hall of Fame.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Wow, that's impressive. She deserves it, too. :thumbsup:

Anyone taking bets to how long it will take for Michelle to be inducted? (I think it's a given it will happen SOME TIME.)

Frau Muller

Final Flight
YIKES! Tara into the Hall of Fame? That shows you Michelle's age....old enough that the person who beat her at her first Olympics has been retired long enough to be eligible for induction into the Hall of Fame. A sobering thought. :scratch:

IDLERACER

Medalist
There's a figure skating hall of fame? you learn something new every day.

This sort of reminds me of the 1996 summer olympics when I saw a headline that read, "Israel wins it's first medal ever. Female Judo champ gets the gold." I thought a much more appropriate headline would've been, "Just discovered, Judo is an olympic sport!" :biggrin:

heyang

Record Breaker
Kristi was recently inducted into the OLYMPIC Hall of Fame - much different from the USFS Hall of Fame.

Does anyone know what the qualifications are for either?

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Red Dog said:
Wow, that's impressive. She deserves it, too. :thumbsup:

Anyone taking bets to how long it will take for Michelle to be inducted? (I think it's a given it will happen SOME TIME.)

Well, as I understand, the inductee has to be retired from Oly eligible skating for five years,. so Michelle won't be eligible until some time after 2011 or 2012, if she retires at the end of this season.

attyfan said:
Well, as I understand, the inductee has to be retired from Oly eligible skating for five years,. so Michelle won't be eligible until some time after 2011 or 2012, if she retires at the end of this season.
Or in 2015 if she goes for her fourth Olympic medal in 2010. :)

sk8addict

On the Ice
Flutz queen

Thank you Tara for bring the flutz out of the closet for awhile. Looks like it might be going back in the closet for Mao Asada!