Men's Short - Results | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's Short - Results

Kasey

Medalist
anya_angie said:
I haven't seen the program but I think I must point out that if the choreography is conveyed well enough, like Adagio, where you must keep in mind the character he was trying to convey there, a suffering philosopher, even though it doesn't match what Westerners would put to the same music, it would be all right to reward.

I don't think it's a matter of the "character" in this program....but rather, the normal typical fast Plush choreography and footwork (MOSTLY...there are some slower, nice movements) put to slow music....it just doesn't match up well.

anya_angie

Final Flight
Well just so we're on the same page, it is Mario he's portraying right?

*watches video*

Oh yes, definitely Mario. Notice the part where he acts like he is writing?

Last edited:

Enero

On the Ice
I like Plushy's program. Granted it doesn't "go with the music." But it's different and it works at least IMO. And of course it does help that Plushy is "the man" and is absolutely mesmerizing. :laugh:

I can't wait to see his long program!

Last edited:

anya_angie

Final Flight
For me his best SP was Adagio, but this is just as character-driven if not moreso (the movements after the jumps and expression during the spins in addition to the usual expression during the footwork). This is his second-best sp I've seen from him.

He's definitely come a long way from the Slovonic Dances days, where there seemingly was no character, just skating to music. And I adore those programs LOL!

Last edited:

Vitacus

Rinkside
anya_angie said:
For me his best SP was Adagio, but this is just as character-driven if not moreso (the movements after the jumps and expression during the spins in addition to the usual expression during the footwork). This is his second-best sp I've seen from him.

Yes, definitely very character-driven which makes it so interesting. He skated circles around the others and was rewarded deservingly IMO. :rock: That footwork was incredibly difficult, yikes! :eek:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Joesitz said:
The results are not surprising. Evgeni has the jumps.

Joe

I would say that whether we are able to see it or not, LOL, Evgeni has everything else, too... At least that seems to be the opinion of the judges:

http://www.isufs.org/results/gprus05/SEG001.HTM

The other guys did not come even close in PCS.

Personally I liked Lambiel´s skating also, but it was Johnny Weir whose skating pleased my eye most.

Vitacus

Rinkside
Jaana said:
I would say that whether we are able to see it or not, LOL, Evgeni has everything else, too... At least that seems to be the opinion of the judges

Indeed. Of course, he's got his strengths and weaknesses just like any skater.

Some can't seem to forgive Plushenko for his faults but at the same time they have no problem calling skaters' like Buttle, Sandhu, Lambiel, Weir the complete package and suddenly their faults are forgotten and forgivable. How's it their faults such as, for example, inconsistency any less worse than Plushenko's faults? I just don't understand that way of reasoning. Oh well, I guess I'm not supposed to get it.

Let's make it easy for everyone by calling them all complete packages. That way no one has to feel their fave skater is being left out. ;)

Last edited:
Vitacus said:
Let's make it easy for everyone by calling them all complete packages. That way no one has to feel their fave skater is being left out. ;)
Nicely put, Vitacus. They are all skaters and doing their best and it's not something we would do.

Joe