What event is this? | Golden Skate

What event is this?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yes, I think it's a picture from the filming of the movie. (Looks too good of a picture to be a screencapture.)

heyang

Record Breaker
It's definitely from Ice Princess - Michelle Trachtenburg as physics nerd turned ice princess. Disney, of course.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Yep, it's a movie still. In the film, Boitano and Kwan (playing themselves) are commentating on the Junior ladies' sectionals that Casey (Michelle Trachtenberg) skates in. They did...okay. Rather stilted, but they had rather stilted dialogue, which was FAR too nice to be actual figure-skating commentary.

Overall, it's not a bad movie. I give the writers credit at least for having Casey only rally to finish second, not pull off a stunning upset victory. (And I just watched it today, and being anal counted, and I think her dead stop in the middle of her program just *barely* makes the cut as a 'dramatic pause' rather than 'automatic deduction.' However, I think the fall at the start of her program does go over the limit.) I mean, yeah, I spend the movie wanting to slap her mother around a lot, but that may be just because Joan Cusak's voice makes me twitch. I don't know why, but it's very grating after a while.