Shizuka/Tarasova split? | Golden Skate

Shizuka/Tarasova split?

nymkfan51

Medalist
This was posted over at FSU by a poster who attended the NHK practices:

Originally Posted by Eislauffan
On a side note: Shizuka Arakawa was seen working with Nikolai Morozov this morning on the ice before the practice started. I had heard rumours about her leaving Tarasova for Morozov in St. Petersburg last week, and now it seems to be true.

Has anyone heard anything else about this?
WOW ... this was unexpected.

JOHIO2

Medalist
They could just be tweaking her choreography for COP. But, I don't know. Nothing surprises me anymore.

R.D.

Record Breaker
And the rumor mill starts up again...:cool:

I wouldn't assume that the two have PARTED WAYS. Maybe she's just temporarily leaving her for tweaking, like the above poster said.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:

I wouldn't assume that the two have PARTED WAYS. Maybe she's just temporarily leaving her for tweaking, like the above poster said.
But I was told (in a similar thread running at MKF) the poster is very reliable. And one of the Japanese Moderater at FSU concur the same rumore.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Why would Shiz be practicing at the NHK venue since she is not competing there? Mabye that's her "home ice" regardless of the pending competition. Just wondering.

DG

soogar

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:

Well TT already handed Andrei off to another coach (Tchaikovskia? or someone like that b/c there's already a name) and O&N she gave to Morozov. Her arrangement with Shizuka was always part time; Shiz would train in the summer with TT and then get coaching in Japan.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I recall hearing somewhere that Shizuka also trains in Japan under Coach Sato (Yuka's dad; I forgot his first name), so it just might be her rink.

Kasey

Medalist
soogar said:
Well TT already handed Andrei off to another coach (Tchaikovskia? or someone like that b/c there's already a name) and O&N she gave to Morozov. Her arrangement with Shizuka was always part time; Shiz would train in the summer with TT and then get coaching in Japan.

I think Tarasova and Vodorezova are working together with Andrei still....Elena was with him in Canada and TAT in China. And I agree, I think TAT and Shiz working together has always been a little here, a little there...little U.S. (or Russia right now), a little Japan. So the rumors may be unfounded and Shiz is just training a bit in Japan, on home ice, prior to Japanese nats.

rumor or not, I don't see much difference between TT and Morozov. Doesn't Morozov choreo for Cohen? Would that be a conflict?

Joe

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
Morozov seems to be choreographing for half the known skating universe, men and women. He may very well be more than just a little conflicted. :laugh:

mzheng

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
rumor or not, I don't see much difference between TT and Morozov. Doesn't Morozov choreo for Cohen? Would that be a conflict?

Joe
Big difference as far as 'political' cloud goes.

Her LP is supper, just flow, flow and flow at TEB. TT put together all elements and movements very nicely, and Shizza has the skating skill to pull it off....may be Morozov was helping her with footwork session. It was not called as higher (like level 4) as desired?

If Arakawa does leave TT. It does not look good on her chance at team Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eeyora

Final Flight
I actually am not surprised. Maybe Shiz was tired of commuting to Russia. Morozov isn't back in Russia or is he he?

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
TT handed her dance team over to Morozov. She helps Vodorezova prepare Gryazev.

jesslily

Final Flight
It might be wise to get the coaching and training in US or Japan. Arakawa has been in US for a few years, at least she is more familiar with the language and culture. So she can get programs polished from Nicolai and has her own Japanese technical coach to oversee her jumps and spins. Isn't it true that TT retired from coaching and now mainly works as the consultant to Russian skating federation?