Looking for Western Junior Ladies Short Program details | Golden Skate

Looking for Western Junior Ladies Short Program details

figure_skater73

Spectator
Does anyone have details about the Junior Ladies short programs for Western Divisionals. Did Rosaleen possibly write them down? If so that would be great!

Rosaleen

Medalist
I didn't see the Western Junior Ladies Short program. I was over in the freezing rink watch the Western Pre Nov Men Short & Western Pre Nov Pair Short

Here's a few comments from friends of mine that decided to stay warm and watched the Junior Ladies.

All of the top 5 or 6 ladies landed either 3s2t or 3t2t combos. The only lady that tried a 3z out of ftwrk was Kathryn Kang and she fell on it (too bad because she was landing them all over the place in practise earlier today - not sure about warm up).

A couple of comments on all the junior ladies is:

The pressure to get higher levels in the layback spin by using a catch foot position (foot to head or beillman) means that skaters are no longer doing the classic layback position. None of the positions are being held longer than the 3 revs required to get credit for the position.

Also a number of the ladies (& their choreographers) need to pay more attention to where the judges are relative to their spiral positions in their spiral sequences. Too many of the ladies are presenting only their backsides & other unattractive views to the judges. Some never skate forward into the judges.