Free dance from TV | Golden Skate

Free dance from TV

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
First of all Joe, It's Original Dance but I'll forgive you for making a mistake :laugh:

WOW!!!! Four Original Dances aired. That must be a record :laugh: and we are not talking about highlights but the whole enchilada

Saw the controversy segment starring Christine Brennan herself and I just LMAO when David Mitchell claimed he had no knowledge of the letter

G/P looked great. Just wish that they could kind of relate more to the music

N/K.......Can she get any more sexier :laugh: .......OD just starts off terrific but to me just kind of lacks the latin feel

G-R/M........I just laughed when they showed them :laugh: But nice program none the less :laugh:

C/S looked powerful but I think she needs to lose the red hair

I do not give ESPN any credibility about the controversial letter. I suppose they are "protecting their sources," but the claim is that they got an email from someone (they won't say who) spilling the beans. To me, if they are going to impugn other people's motives they need to be up front themselves. At the very least the Mitchel's have a right to face their accusors, rather than some "anonymous tip." :disagree:

MM

SailorGalaxia--Not only does Galit Chait need to lose the red hair -- man, just when Sergei started looking really cool -- but she also needs to lose that powder puff of ostrich feathers impersonating a skirt. However, they are skating GREAT! I love them this year, just get rid of the tuffet attached to Galit's buttet.

Mathman--Sorry, but only in a court of law do you have the right to face your accusor(s). In journalism, journalists have gone to jail, and I mean for 10-15 years for refusing to reveal their sources, as is their right under the constitution--depending on the prosecutor and judge. Remember the White Water woman who Kenneth Starr put in prison for about 10 years for that very thing?

As for the Mitchell's even needing to face their accusers, Mom Mitchell sent out about a gazillion letters to everyone she knew plus the entire senate, one of whom was interviewed about it. He said he investigated the allegations till he was satisfied he had all the facts, and decided that Tanith Belbin had done nothing worng.

This same thing happen with Punsalen and Swallow compalining about Roca and Sur. Those teams were more evenly matched--neither had a chance--and also, the team they were trying to keep out of the Olympics hadn't skated so well at Worlds that the US could even send three teams to the Os.

Sorry, MM. I'm with SailorGalaxia when David Mitchelle said, "Letter? What letter?" Uh, the one from your mom that's been all over figure skating news, Dave. If I were David Mitchell, I think the best way out would have been to just say, "Oh, you know how mothers are! I love my mom to pieces, but what parent hasn't embarrassed her child at some point! Guilty for having a mom who loves me!"

Rgirl

Vash01

Medalist
The Mitchell controversy was the most interesting part of the OD competiton (sorry!).

How many awful costumes can you see in one competition? I thought Navka's was bad until I saw Galit's. That white (swan?) costume actually hid what she was doing on the ice. G&P did not impress me either. Melissa just did not seem to be skating well; the stumble was realively minor. By the time they showed GR-M it was hard for me to feel positively about them. I am not saying they are guilty of something but the whole thing has created a negative atmosphere. Now I really hope Tanith (and Max) gets the US citizenship in time for the 2006 Olys.

BTW, N&K's Rumba could not erase the memories of a fabulous Rumba OD by T&D in the 1994 Olys.

Vash

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm sure that the only reason we got to see 4 OD's was so that it wouldn't look quite as blatant to show only GR/M. And I am happy to have seen them.

I must agree that Galit's costume does look like she skated south backwards into a north running ostrich (poor thing). Of the dances shown, though, I liked C&S best. There was a lot of sexy leopard in the N&K dance, but not much Latin feel.

As to how ESPN got the letter, it's pretty clear that Mrs. Mitchell copied everyone of her acquaintances on an email asking them to pepper the NY delegation with letters complaining about Tanith. When you copy that many people, you take the risk that one of them will turn you in, and that looks like what happened. It also stunk that the letter made it sound like the only person affected was Tanith when several hundred other people, most of them not athletes, were being helped by this amendment, which righted an error in earlier legislation. To hurt hundreds of people,even to help your own child, is just not right-especially when better skating would qualify GR/M for Olympics. There is not just one place for Olympics-there are 3.

And I really feel that it's one thing to write your representatives yourself, and quite another to try to orchestrate an entire write in campaign. And I don't believe David at all that he didn't know about the letter. Even if he didn't read it himself, I'll bet he got tons of phone calls from all those acquaintenances, wishing him luck in his efforts (or the reverse, as in, what the heck is your mom thinking)..

Two things I would like to see removed in figure skating dance are Swing and Latin dances.

Both dances are on the downbeat and the europeans turn them into waltzes and polkas with jazz and latin music in the background, and lots of hollywood stares.

I thought Galler R/Mitchell were the only ones who got to the character of the music despite recent controversies.

Joe

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
DORISPULASKI said:
I must agree that Galit's costume does look like she skated south backwards into a north running ostrich (poor thing). Of the dances shown, though, I liked C&S best. There was a lot of sexy leopard in the N&K dance, but not much Latin feel.

:rofl:

The other thing I found distracting about Galit's "look" was that white strip down the middle of her head. It reminded me of a person I know whose hair went totally white/gray at a young age. She usually goes with red, but if she has a little bit of outgrowth, it's completely white. I couldn't stop wondering what the heck that was during the skate, then in the close ups in the K&C it looked like a thin strip of white tape or something??? Anyone else get distracted by that?

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
I thought Galler R/Mitchell were the only ones who got to the character of the music despite recent controversies.
I agree.

As for the letter and David's response - I do wish he had RGirl for his PR advisor! I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's silly to say you don't know about a campaign your mom has been staging.

Liked C&S a lot, even with the costume. Was disappointed with G&P - somehow they just didn't do anything for me. Agree with Joe that N&K did not even try to do a Latin dance - they just did a very sexy dance to Latin music.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Ptichka said:
As for the letter and David's response - I do wish he had RGirl for his PR advisor! I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's silly to say you don't know about a campaign your mom has been staging.

Me too on RGirl for PR!

Here's what I think is the saddest part of this whole story. While the initial legislation may have been driven in consideration of Tanith (or maybe it wasn't - I don't know), the legislations being considered goes way beyond Tanith. If I understand correctly, this is intended to "fix a problem" that affected a much broader group of people waiting for citizenship in an unfair way.

So by opposing this for strictly selfish reasons, targeted solely at Tanith (without consideration for the broader issue), what does THAT say about Mommy Mitchell? I realize that people do all kinds of crazy things for selfish reasons all day long (me included!). BUT....the circumstances of this one look REALLY bad IMO.

And just to add insult to injury, you have the Mitchell's doing what they are doing, compared to Tanith & Ben who have always publically handled this like PR manager's dream.

DG